Kingy Hunt Wednesday Night

I'm thinking about heading out Wednesday night/ Thursday morning to get in on some of the kingy action all you guys are talking about in the harbour!

The problem I have however is I am yet to land one in the only spots I know.

I've got the boat if you've got the knowledge and would love to either have one of you experts on my boat, or tag along for the ride.

Let me know otherwise I'll just try my luck again under the Cpt Cook Bridge.

Cheers,

Martin

Martin,

All these Kings that are talked about are after hours and hours of fishing that day, kingie fishing is kind of like Jewie fishing this time of year, you need to put the hours in. I get to the bait grounds at around 3.30am and D&G or Dano1 and Hookm are already there and have been for quite a while.

The first four or five hours is for gathering bait, either squid or yakkas and then going and hitting different spots and moving around if there are no results. Unlike jewie you don’t wait for them you actively hunt them. The mythical spot X does not exist it changes every day.

You are on the right track going out over night, which is when you need to get your bait. When the sun comes up head off looking for fishy structures.

Don't be afraid to go on your own and find your own spot X and put up a report for us :)

Robbie.

Edited by Robbielites

Martin,

All these Kings that are talked about are after hours and hours of fishing that day, kingie fishing is kind of like Jewie fishing this time of year, you need to put the hours in. I get to the bait grounds at around 3.30am and D&G or Dano1 and Hookm are already there and have been for quite a while.

The first four or five hours is for gathering bait, either squid or yakkas and then going and hitting different spots and moving around if there are no results. Unlike jewie you don’t wait for them you actively hunt them. The mythical spot X does not exist it changes every day.

You are on the right track going out over night, which is when you need to get your bait. When the sun comes up head off looking for fishy structures.

Don't be afraid to go on your own and find your own spot X and put up a report for us :)

Robbie.

Robbie,

thanks for the reply.

It's not a matter of being afraid, nor not knowing the spots.

I know it's not a sit and wait game.... I just thought some of the pro's might want to join me.

I realise spot X is not an RSL for Kingies where they hang out 24/7, I just thought that sharing knowledge, a coffee and a laugh might be a bit easier than boating around the harbour all morning.

thanks for the input though.

Martin

Martin,

Mate i would love to join you but have a meeting thursday morning so will try for a jewie from the beach wed night.

I have been catching kingies this year and most have come from Middle harbour.

I live in Frenchs Forest and work from home so have plenty of time to duck out in my tinnie for a fish.

Best kingy spots are Pearl Bay in amongst the moorings. Seaforth Bluff, Long Bay area, Pickering Point and Sugarloaf Bay. Sometimes even in the Bantry Bay area. Of course you can also try Clifton, Balmoral, Dobroyd and quarantine markers. I prefer Middle harbour due to less boat and idiot traffic.

Use you fishfinder to look for holes, drop offs, ledges or any other structure holding fish.

As the others have said - keep moving around until you find them.

A couple of weeks ago i got two kings and a jewie in about an hour and a half at Pearl Bay.

Live or freshly caught squid is top gun bait. Yakkas are OK at times.

Would be happy to go out in your boat and show you.

Cheers

Mike G AKA Zenman