Brisbane Waters

mark*

got out for a fish with my cousin and his 6 yr old son. got to the boat ramp and it was packed.

there was cars doubling up in the trailer car spots and people parking in the boat preperation

area :ranting2: so this made it difficult to get boat set up without blocking other people, but u have

to do what u can. so after all this we get out on the water it was a late start on the water started

fishing bout 12:30.

we get out there n while im rigging up my rod, my cousin lands himself a nice 26cm bream. this

annoyed me even more when his son gets anutha smaller bream still before im rigged up. not to

worry though i think i finally get out in the water. within 20 secs of that my cousin is on again.

this thing is a freight train, pulling line like nothing else, it starts going round the other side of the

boat so i have to then bring my line in. neway bout 5 mins later and prob 10 foot from the surface

the hook pulled from the fish and that was that.

it all went fairly quiet for bout 20 mins then the picks started small bites not enuf to even strike to.

after 10 mins of this being baited i had a go n strike i brought myself up a six spine leathjacket,

only just hooked through the skin barb of hook wasnt even in the fish. then the jackets came on

we ended up with another six spine and a fan bellied jacket. bit more time passed and alot of

tarwhine and black bream all round 20 cms. my cousin bag a whiting of 26 cms and one of 30

cms. kept the second as it was hooked in the gills.

not a bad day out on the water though. final count was:

3 leatherjackets

1 bream

1 whiting

1 big lost fish

all in all though a good day out got some fish nice weather. just want to get out again soon.

(sorry though raiders no pics didnt take out a camera)

regards mark

Good to hear Brisbane Waters reports - partiularly ones with plenty of action.

With a bag like that I'm thinking you must have been near the Rip somewhere, but then Brissie Waters is a pretty big system and it's all good as far as I can tell. We've had a fair bit of luck there recently with flatties on plastics around the weed beds and we're sneaking up on some oyster rack bream on nippers.

Sounds like you had a great day out Mark - bummer about the big one!!

Good to hear Brisbane Waters reports - partiularly ones with plenty of action.

With a bag like that I'm thinking you must have been near the Rip somewhere, but then Brissie Waters is a pretty big system and it's all good as far as I can tell. We've had a fair bit of luck there recently with flatties on plastics around the weed beds and we're sneaking up on some oyster rack bream on nippers.

Sounds like you had a great day out Mark - bummer about the big one!!

well i wasnt near the rip mate trust me, the whole system is good and lots of fish round which makes it a pleasure to fish in. i was suprised we didnt get any flatties i know of two over a metre caught last weekend (not by me). have u seen the nippers which berkley have brought put in sp's, they look so close to the real thing u might want to give a try dnt know if ur interested. i was spewing my cousin dropped the big one but thats fishing i'll b back out to catch it next.

hope u get out soon aswell, if u do let us know how u go i'll do the same for sure.

regards mark

Edited by Mark_17

Hi, you had a fun day, I am from the coast (Kincumber) and fish around the area alot, where were you fishing or is it a secret spot, it's great to be out there with family and friends. Hope you get the one you dropped next time. Good on ya..... Cheers