Watto's 18/5 - Pictures Added

Thunder

I was at Eastern Creek this afternoon, so I decided to check out Watto's before the rest of you Raiders buy all the good stock next week.

I missed Offtap by 15 minutes and Watto ended up doing some Overtime helping me out.

I bought a NICE ROD (Offtap - you had better be quick as there is only 1 left), reel, line, lures, hooks, jigs, DVD's, etc etc etc (as you do). I hope the :wife: doesn't see this post.

I will post a picture of the Rod tomorrow, but I am sure the other one will be gone by next Friday !!!

Watto helped me out with the discount early, because I bought so much from him.

Did I mention the ROD?

A 24kg Grand Slam Elite

Talk about sexy :thumbup:

Even if I don't catch a Fish, at least I will look the part !!! :074:

Cheers

Greg

post-2813-1179543454_thumb.jpg post-2813-1179543505_thumb.jpg

post-2813-1179543664_thumb.jpg post-2813-1179543619_thumb.jpg

post-2813-1179543560_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thunder

Mate youl look the part alright, that is a weapon of a Marlin rod , it better not be the one Sean has put away for me :lol: Too bad i missed ya , suppose you drank some of my VB as well :lol::lol: Cheers Dave

I scored that 12" blackfish rod with an alvey off Watto today.

Given that last week was my first blackfish outing of the year and I took home three keepers with my old 9" job the new gear MUST produce at least five tomorrow

Dave

I scored that 12" blackfish rod with an alvey off Watto today.

Given that last week was my first blackfish outing of the year and I took home three keepers with my old 9" job the new gear MUST produce at least five tomorrow

Dave

I like your optimism dave!!!!! Your as bad as me the way you justify your tackle purchases..... no i really do need 7 fishing rods!!!!!! :biggrin2:

I think I threw 7 rods out in the last clean up campaign.(maybe not quite that many)

At least this was a long overdue purchase. The old centrepin and 9footer I am replacing are almost twenty years old. I can justify that one

I think I threw 7 rods out in the last clean up campaign.(maybe not quite that many)

At least this was a long overdue purchase. The old centrepin and 9footer I am replacing are almost twenty years old. I can justify that one

Ill pay that one!!!! :1prop:

Mate youl look the part alright, that is a weapon of a Marlin rod , it better not be the one Sean has put away for me :lol: Too bad i missed ya , suppose you drank some of my VB as well :lol::lol: Cheers Dave

I was thinking about getting both of them, but I thought I had better leave one for you !!!

I'm a bourbon drinker, so your VB :beersmile: is safe !!!

Cheers

Greg

Sean had quite a range in stock and I tossed up between a few.

The 50 series was a bit too bulky for my liking, and I won't be after huge fish, so I settled on a Omoto KAM700H sinle speed lever drag spooled with 15kg mono.

post-2813-1179715978_thumb.jpg

If I find I need bigger I can always upgrade as the rod will take a lot bigger reel.

I think this one will be suitable for what I need though.

Cheers

Greg

Sean had quite a range in stock and I tossed up between a few.

The 50 series was a bit too bulky for my liking, and I won't be after huge fish, so I settled on a Omoto KAM700H sinle speed lever drag spooled with 15kg mono.

post-2813-1179715978_thumb.jpg

If I find I need bigger I can always upgrade as the rod will take a lot bigger reel.

I think this one will be suitable for what I need though.

Cheers

Greg

that is one very special looking reel.

good on ya greg

One of my friends lent me this reel to try, just in case I need something bigger.

post-2813-1180054454_thumb.jpg

He used this to catch a 1500kg Tiger Shark

He lent me a set of hooks as well - bit big for prawns !!!

If you can see the picture in the photo, have a look at the size of his "Live Bait"

Cheers

Greg

One of my friends lent me this reel to try, just in case I need something bigger.

He used this to catch a 1500kg Tiger Shark

He lent me a set of hooks as well - bit big for prawns !!!

If you can see the picture in the photo, have a look at the size of his "Live Bait"

Cheers

Greg

Now that does sound like fun..... Back breaking fun.... but fun none the less!!!