Boat Rod

GI JOE

Guys,

Iam in the process of buying a heavy duty boat rod to match my Tiagra 12. I have been to a few tackle shops & the prices are between $250 - $600. Iam after something that I can bottom bash & troll with so basically a all rounder. My budget is around $200. Iam also about undecided about what line to use (braid or mono).

Anybody with a similar oufit aboe to help me??

Thanks in advance

GI JOE

Guest Jocool
For bottom bashing go braid for sure. You''''ll never go back to mono.

Its true ..You wont loook back...But dont forget the Tiagra doesnt have level wind, so be wary! I recently loaded my TLD with mono over braid for the missing fingers worry! :confusuion:

Have a natter to Allen Glover. Im sure he can sort something for you mate!

SHEARWATER RODS

Thanks Rodd,

What prrice am I looking at???

Jocool

I really want to spool it up with braid but my thoughts are exactly the sam with cut missing finger tips. Might spool my Akuma eggbeater & baitrunner with braid for bottom bashing.

Cheers :thumbsup: :grogon: :grogon:

GI JOE

Guest bluecod

GI

I recently got a Shimano Backbone BB 15 [15kg roller tip] mail order from Got''ya Tackle in Perth for $90 delivered - I couldn''t even buy the parts for that price. At this stage [used once trolling and bottom bashing] I''m real happy with it :thumbsup: It looks like it will also cope with 10 kg line though I haven''t put the scales on it in a working curve yet.

Guest hottuna

I don`t see why everyone get so hyped about cut fingers with braid when simply laying the line. All you do is bump the line across braid or mono theres no need for any pressure!

As for rods, do yourself a favour and speak to ag at shearwater.

dan

I dont really target just one specie so Iam after a all rounder (if there is one) between 15kg - 20kg. Thanks for info guys.

Called my mates at F____y''s in Auburn :thumbdown::thumbdown: and as always given me FANTASTIC advise :-mad2 :-mad2 . They told me anything under $300 - $400 is pretty crap so stay away from them??? I just love how they always look after me and give me the best deals....NOT :fetish: :fetish: :die: :die: :die:

Just want to say how frustrated I get when going to tackle shops & asking simple questions but they always try sell you the most expensive in the shop which isnt what your after in the first place....

I checked that website (got ya tacle) & its about $40 cheaper than retail.

Allen: Ive sent you an email mate.

Cheers all

Joe

Edited by GI JOE

Glad you sent a mail to Allen Glover. Something for all the members to consider - Allen is one of the few sponsors the site has. If the site is to grow & get better that sponsorship is important - so obviously having members do business with Shearwater Rods can only help.

I''''m sure Allen will put you onto great.

For what its woth the LBJ15 blank is $105, so your looking at $200 all up for that rod.

Have a read of this..........http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/rods/10_15game.html

Cheers

Rod

Rodd

The figures you quote would be for components only!!!

A