Sydney Harbour 20th May, 2007

gretsch

g'day mate,

so it was you!

Kelvin and I went pass you and said g'day... man did you look shitty...

sorry to hear that again.. :1badmood:

we got a few fish biggest one just shy of 90cm, went 12lb... fattest kingy i've seen in a while

Tony

Yeah.... was me. It had just happened when you guys showed up. I keep reliving the moment in my head.. am laughing about it now. I am going to tie my next rod to the stern cleat with some venetian blind cord. That'll stop anymore misery.

Nice Kingy you landed.. 90cm is a cracker. I reckon there are some bigguns around at the moment. Our sounder was thick with activity.

See you on water..... :thumbup:

BUGGER !

I would be dirty bout that, even more dirty after not landing any biggies for the rest of the trip.

Same thing happened to this guy i met at the bobbin head boat ramp saturday night, he dropped a $700 outfit with a live yakka on it.. not happy jan.. but what can ya do :05:

Hope you snag it when your out bottom bashing next time!

Oh poor Ceph, I just missed seeing it happen to a bloke who had the rod in his hand. He thought he had lost his fish only to realise it just made a u turn once the fish re corrected its coarse POP! GAWN!

The part thats got me sratchin my head is got the flash gear no rod holders. So Ceph as your gunna be a bit cash staped replacing the outfit i will ofer my sevices as rod holder. :1naughty:

Oh poor Ceph, I just missed seeing it happen to a bloke who had the rod in his hand. He thought he had lost his fish only to realise it just made a u turn once the fish re corrected its coarse POP! GAWN!

The part thats got me sratchin my head is got the flash gear no rod holders. So Ceph as your gunna be a bit cash staped replacing the outfit i will ofer my sevices as rod holder. :1naughty:

Yeah.. the rod holder market is crap... we can't seem to find good ones. I have those $17 jobbies on the boat but once I had my rod in one, a Kingy took it and I couldn't get the rod out of the holder. I played the fish in with the rod still in the holder.... lucky it was only a 50cm model..

We have a 1970's rocket launcher which is good for storing rods at home but out on the water, it is like trying to to get a cork out of a wine bottle with your toe...

I am working on a custom made rod holder .. will post pics when it is complete..