Mini Jew / Bream

MGibbo

Great day out with Claudia (aka Mrs Watto) - what a lovely person! We met at 9ish and launched at Mooney - breeze was nippy but the sun was shining and we had chocolate on board. Headed straight to Bar Point for a drift but not much happening - managed to pick up this tiny jew.

post-3514-1179989335_thumb.jpg

Stopped for a quick fish at the F3 road bridge but no bites. Decided to head for Juno where we spent most of the day. There was lots of excitement as I was positive I had a monster on and as Claudia grabbed the net my catch appeared underneath the water .... WHAT'S THAT? Much disappointment but laughter to find seaweed attached to my hook. My bait had been mangled, so I'm sure I had something on but the weed must have intercepted ..... right!!!! Not long after it happened again, with more weed attaching itself to my hook as the current was flowing fast. Third time round I landed a nice 27cm bream.

Finished off the day with a quick fish under the rail bridge with a little old style music and a drift in the glorious sunshine - it was so hard to call it a day. Thanks Claudia for a brilliant day, it was a pleasure to get to know you better - hope we get to do it again soon but with you catching some fish. :1fishing1:

See you at Watto's BBQ. :thumbup: P.S. Love my new hat!!!

Thanks FR for making great friendships.

post-3514-1179990537_thumb.jpg

post-3514-1179990586_thumb.jpg

post-3514-1179990624_thumb.jpg

Edited by MGibbo

Glad you had a good day Marg , too bad the fish werent on the bite as you would have hoped !! My theory is , there is a species of fish called the Stumpius Bastardus (Stumpy Fish) that mangles your bait , and then replaces it with heavy weed , to simulate a good fish. NEVER keep one of these fish!! Throw them straight back !! :074:

Ross

( Donning Stumpy proof suit)

Edited by Flightmanager

Guest MRS WATTO

Great Report Marg, and great catch.

Thanks for taking me out for the day, I had a great day, it was fun. Marg you are a very nice person and I enjoyed the company,

That seaweed gave me a little scare as I thought you had caught a huge fish, and there I was trying to get the net. :074::074::074::074::074:

Well I didnt end up catching nothing today, but I still had a great day out.

Once again Thank you so so much for today Marg

Sounds like a great day ladies hats off!!

This autumn weather is hard to beat .

i got my pb weed at the entrance social fishing with Dan and Laurie

it was 5 ft long and it took drag!

:lol:

Edited by Hook'm

Nice to see you back Marg,

(Picking on Flightmanager and Mrs Stumpy got boring)

Sorry Jo couldn't attend the fishing but Cameron turned sick last night and we just couldn't leave him home alone. I must admit though, being on a boat with Claudia and Joe together could prove to be hazardous to your hearing, unless wearing industrial hearing protection!

I noticed in your thread, that one Fishraider Member concluded that the Stumpious Bastardous fish was pestering your lines. I believe that this is not the case. I feel that it may be the Evilrudess Economissfire E-fectless Species crossed with the genus shittious blue-boatass.

A particularly annoying piece of weighted metal often used by primatives to anchor boats with.I feel that your hook must have drifted past this ancient artifact and picked up some seaweed growing off it.

Alas, the perils of fishing!

Cheers

Edited by stumpy

Please disregard that last post Marg , any REAL fisho knows that the delightful Evilrudess Economissfire E-fectless Species crossed with the genus shittious blue-boatass ( aka Rossco Fish) has never been sighted on a Thursday in any estuary in this country!! Unlike the Stumpius Bastardius , whose breeding ground is The Hawkesbury River!!

NB : Only the male Stumpius is obnoxious. The far prettier female ( Jo Fish) is a great catch in anyones language !!

Ross

Please disregard that last post Marg , any REAL fisho knows that the delightful Evilrudess Economissfire E-fectless Species crossed with the genus shittious blue-boatass ( aka Rossco Fish) has never been sighted on a Thursday in any estuary in this country!! Unlike the Stumpius Bastardius , whose breeding ground is The Hawkesbury River!!

NB : Only the male Stumpius is obnoxious. The far prettier female ( Jo Fish) is a great catch in anyones language !!

Ross

You suck up sooooooooooooooooooooo badly :tease:

Guest MRS WATTO

MR STUMPY, MR STUMPY CAN YOU HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was on my best behaviour today, Wasnt loud at all. I was enjoying Marg's company and relaxing in the sun. Beats work :074::074::074:

STUMPY:::::::::: I THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE THE GIRLS OUT ON YOUR BOAT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU WILL ENJOY THE COMPANY :074::074::074::074:

Thanks Guys/Girls, is really was lovely on the water - bummer the tides weren't on our side. I must say it's always a pleasure to have Masters Flightmanager and Stumpy share great wisdom of the river with us mere mortals (guys included).

Great idea Mrs Watto about Stumpy taking the 3 of us out (Mrs Stumpy, MGibbo, Mrs Watto) - wouldn't that be a hoot. It's a shame you were camera shy yesterday, I'd love to have taken a pic of you with that microphone!!!

Now in reply to Mr Watto - I thought vodka was good for a cold!

Cheers Marg

P.S. Would love to try fishing outside.

P.S.S. How cute is that mini jew!