Port Kembla 24/05/07

Lewis

G,day Raiders.

Well after some carefull planing mixed with caniving and trepidation, Rick and myself finally managed to get out for a fish this morning after Rick reshuffled a few jobs as he has his own buisiness made some slightly less than truthfull phone calls.

We hit the water at 6.00am at port then headed straight out to a mark just off wollongong lighthouse, put a few baits down for about an hour for no success, as the wind was pushing us against the current whic meant we had no drift what so ever. So Rick suggested that we try a little wider to see if the current was any different, so we headed out to two marks quite close to each other, Marks 1 and Marks 2 which with the right drift you can cover both in the same drift. First bait down was promising with hits pretty much straight away, first up a small flatty. But not to be put off we sent baits back down and not long after I came up solid on my first of three very nice Tigers ranging from 48 to 57cm. Rick was being a little slow on the take up of keepers, but his persistance paid off with a nice tiger of his own of 52cm, and then a battle with a large banjo shark of just over a metre.

Things went quiet around 10ish after a very large pod of dolphins moved in off southbeach along with a pesky seal. We decided to call it a day at 10.30 with the conditions just getting better and better. Water temp started at 16.4 and got up to 18.7and was a very nice clean blue green colour.

Well I had better sign off now theres a flathead on the bbq with my name on it, taylor for lunch flatthead for dinner, how good is that????????

Thanks Rick for the great company, just a great day on the water.

Cheers.

post-1163-1180005098_thumb.jpg