Hawkesbury 27/05/07

Hey guys

Decided to head out to the mighty Hawkesbury this morning early in the hope for some bream and estuary perch. It was a freezing morning but we decided to rug up and brave the cold. We lauched the boat around 7 and we were greated by thick fog.

post-2194-1180252304_thumb.jpg

We headed to our first spot and my mate brendo hooks the first for the day. A nice little bream.

post-2194-1180252185_thumb.jpg

Later during the day i get a solid hit and reel in my first Estuary Perch (I think, could be a Bass)

post-2194-1180252275_thumb.jpg

As the day cleared up he decided to try the shallow mangroves on the run out tide. He hooked a few smaller flathead and tailor. I then felt some real weight on my rod and the drag on the Sol was in action. I get it 1 meter from the boat and the hook pulls and i am watching the biggest flathead i have seen swim back to the muddy bottom. Bummer

After a few more smaller flathead i feel the rod load up again and this time succesfully catch a larger flathead. Measured 65cm which is a PB for me, exciting stuff i know.

post-2194-1180252559_thumb.jpg post-2194-1180252586_thumb.jpg

After catching a few and our stomach's looking for something a digest we head our long drive back to the ramp sharing and few personal jokes (mainly about the cafe and the secondary drop offs), talking about how chris never got a fish all day, and taking in the beautiful weather and landscape. All in all a great day.

post-2194-1180252797_thumb.jpg post-2194-1180252826_thumb.jpg

nice flathead there mate sounds like yah had a great day out

geez yah mates look nice and relaxed on the bow of the boat :thumbup:

cheers mik

Yeah it Took us about an hour to get to our spot, so the mates were relaxing it up. Beautiful place, hard to beleive we were in Sydney still sometimes.

• 1 month later...

[hey my name is wade i live at brookly u got a cuple of nice fish i am a new menber were u fishin up at bar point way oh well nice catch

I can't really tell you where I was fishing because i didn't really know. I put the boat in at Wisemans Ferry and went east about half and hour or so drive east. Was a nice muddy drop off near some mangroves.