Botany Bay 28-5-07

Hit the water at 6.15 at Kyeemah

we all used 1/8th jigheads with a variety of gulps and powerbaits

what a beautiful morning, putted out past the breakwall and decided to tell Dad that I had got my boat licence

wasn't he thrilled , Dad let me drive to where I thought we should start fishing

I picked the first groin and headed in close , third cast and I get a trevally ,not huge but don't they go hard.

couple more cast's and another bigger trevor, followed straight away by my slightly bigger 3rd.

then Jimmy thinks he's snagged, I tell him I think he's got a flathead and he proceeds to pull in a 38 cm one

things aren't going well for my Dad and I'm thinking we should head straight to Doll's pt

but we keep drifting and I land another flattie , followed closely by Jimmy getting his second for the day

we finally get to Doll's pt and were in close , just 4 or 5 feet of water and I'm lovin' it

get some more flatties and a nice flounder, gotta love these gulps

Jimmy get's on the board again with a flathead and I tell Dad to have some confidance

he casts and bang, a big strike followed with a good run only to drop nice fish

I say , WATCH THIS as I reckon I'll catch the bugger myself and BANG ,I'm on

couple of line taking runs and I' m staring face to face at the biggest flattie I have ever hooked

I shit myself

I went blank and didn't know what to do , slack line and it's gone ,xxxx

any way , next time

Dad cleans the fish while me and Jimmy have a few flicks and I get another flattie

well , before Jimmy throws me over board I call it a day

and what a beautiful day it was