Handling Yft

sparkles

Hey raiders,

I am planning my first YFT expedition. Have been doing a lot of reading, preparing gear (safety and fishing) and am almost ready to get in amongst them.

And just so I can take 'murphy's Law' out of the picture. I am wondering what you should do if (WHEN) i land one.

sorry if this has been discussed before, but i have looked and could not find.

Cheers

Arch

Yellowfin Sushimi is awsome. Take some soy and some wasabi and your of to a good start. If you have some BBQ shapes place a small slice on top and enjoy.

Edited by Sharky

sounds awesome :D and I'll remember about the BBQ shapes. It will be a while before I can afford a boat able to handle a trip out for YFT though :( if anyone needs a deckie you know where to look. Might try and get out on a charter as well this year.

Thanks for that Keepen Tabs.

I read that report, sorry mate, I had to laugh. Thats what fishing is all about hey. sounds like you had a great day.

I am so phsyched up to get into these bad boys. I am going to try a charter soon also. Hopefully with Ross if I can sort it out (cash wise)

But cheers for the advice.

Arch

A friend is making me a flying gaf, which from the explanation, has a solid handle that detaches leaving the gaf in the fish but connected to rope that you can tie off. This stops you losing the gaf on heavy fish, but then allows you to get a grip on the tail or a tail rope around the fish to pull it in.

I guess I will know more after he makes it.

Maybe one day I will catch a fish big enough to use it. :074:

Cheers

Greg

A friend is making me a flying gaf, which from the explanation, has a solid handle that detaches leaving the gaf in the fish but connected to rope that you can tie off. This stops you losing the gaf on heavy fish, but then allows you to get a grip on the tail or a tail rope around the fish to pull it in.

I guess I will know more after he makes it.

Maybe one day I will catch a fish big enough to use it. :074:

Cheers

Greg

I love the name "Fying Gaf". Sounds extreme.

Sorry mate,

That is what 16 years of private school education gets you.

I become a candidte for a padded cell :1prop:

FLYing Gaf, and i am now reconsidering renaming the boat.

Arch

Hey Arch,

It may be a case of too much :beersmile:

I HAVE become a CANDIDATE .....

And I went to a Public School :1prop:

Cheers

Greg

PS I will have to stop picking on you, or re- read all of my threads twice otherwise it might come back and bite me on the ar$e. :05:

Where do you play mate?

I play in a proper sunday league, and am starting to play on wednesday nights indoor at glebe or something.

I bet the name of our team sucks, I'll have to change it if we are playing against each other.

Arch