First Boat Please Help Me Choose

smoothaz

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE THOSE IN THE KNOW.I NEED TO CHOOSE A SAFE BOAT AROUND THE 5 MTR MARK OR ABOVE,USED AND GOOD FOR MOST WATERS.LET ME KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR AND WHAT TO CHECK AROUND THE BOAT AS I DONT WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF.THANKS IN ADVANCE AND PLEASE RESPOND IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR A NEW FISHRAIDER.

Edited by smoothaz

Talk to Huey from Huetts Marine, they have heaps of boats up there.

Just don't crack all your money in one hit............... Depth Sounders, Rod Holders, Radios , wheel bearings for the trailer etc etc all cost money too!

Remember the age of the engine, they are your biggest money pit

Ask yourself " What do I want the boat to do?" . Do you want to use it for fishing , just cruising about with the family , how many people do you expect to be carrying etc .

Next question is Fibreglass , aluminium or poly? Each type has their own pros and cons .

What are you going to tow it with? No good getting a 5.4M glass boat with bogey trailer if you want to pull it with a Laser !!

Will you be taking the boat outside , or will it be for estuary and lake use only?

The more information you can give us , the more information we can give you .

Ross

Ask yourself " What do I want the boat to do?" . Do you want to use it for fishing , just cruising about with the family , how many people do you expect to be carrying etc .

Next question is Fibreglass , aluminium or poly? Each type has their own pros and cons .

What are you going to tow it with? No good getting a 5.4M glass boat with bogey trailer if you want to pull it with a Laser !!

Will you be taking the boat outside , or will it be for estuary and lake use only?

The more information you can give us , the more information we can give you .

Ross

FIRSTLY I LIVE IN VICTORIA AND I AM HOPING TO CRUISE THE BAY WITH THE KIDS FOR A FISH AND HEAD OUT IN THE ROUGH STUFF FOR A FISH WHEN ITS RELATIVELY CALM(YEAH LIKE THAT HAPPENS).I HAVE A TOYOTA TARAGO(93) SO AN ALUMINIUM WOULD BE BETTER FOR THE CAR.I WILL BE FISHING THE SALY MAINLY AND RARELY THE FRESH.I LIVE ABOUT 3MINS FROM THE RAMP ON CORIO BAY.I AM HOPING TO BUY A BOAT ALREADY SET UP BUT DONT KNOW WHAT TO AVOID AS FAR AS HULLS GO.