Stacer Bass Elite

njsconst

I am baby sitting my brothers boat while he is doing some renovations on his house. It's a Stacer Bass Elite 4m with a 30hp Mariner on the back, only 12 months old. I took it out today for a spin on the Georges River. What a great little boat. It has a casting platform up the front and with the EVO hull design it is remarkably stable when standing up there flicking lures around.

I was very impressed with its handling for such a little boat.

post-2204-1180929825_thumb.jpg post-2204-1180929851_thumb.jpg

I am baby sitting my brothers boat while he is doing some renovations on his house. It's a Stacer Bass Elite 4m with a 30hp Mariner on the back, only 12 months old. I took it out today for a spin on the Georges River. What a great little boat. It has a casting platform up the front and with the EVO hull design it is remarkably stable when standing up there flicking lures around.

I was very impressed with its handling for such a little boat.

post-2204-1180929825_thumb.jpg post-2204-1180929851_thumb.jpg

Hi NJS

Nice looking boat. I thought the Evo hull was only on Stacers over 4.4 metres?

Jim

Hi Guys, in the sportfisher (SF) series Stacer do use their excellent EVO hull. This give the little 4.0M Bass the best ride I have ever experienced in a tinny of its size. The EVO hul,l which has been around now about 5 years is nothing really new, fibreglass boats have had a deep Vee and flattened or turned down chines since the 1970's because it works. It gives you a soft ride with good stabilty at rest and underway and for a 4.0M river and inshore boat for chasing bream and bass I think you do not get better than the Stacer 4.0M Bass Elite, like the one in the picture. Put an auto-pilot Minn Kota on the bow and you are set to go.

In the dinghy / runabout / bowrider or cabin boats the EVO hull design is for boats only 4.49M and up, so Jim were on the right path.

Cheers,

Huey.

Put an auto-pilot Minn Kota on the bow and you are set to go.

Cheers,

Huey.

Mate it has a electric Minn Kota mounted on the bow..... but my brother didn't lend it to me. Maybe cause it cost him $2500.

I think he doesn't trust me????? :1prop:

Gee Nathan looks like he thinks you'll take it out for

a few sessions before he gets it back

Must have come to the conclusion he wouldn't get

it back if it had the full package on it :1prop:

Make the most of it as it looks a great set up :thumbup:

Chris

Mate I'm looking at updating my present rig and the one you're babysitting for your brother sounds like the sort of boat I'm after. Do you, or other readers, have any idea of how much a rig like this one would cost.

Thanks guys

Peter

Hi Peter, a new Stacer 400SF Bass elite with a 30HP Mercury or Mariner start at $11K. The one in the photo has two tone paint and the Minn Kota which will about $2,500 to the price.

If you find a second hand one then depending on what it has you can work out if it is good value. Rule of thumb is a late model rig (under about 3-4 years) loses about 20% compared to a new one, but be aware that depending on HP and what technology the outboard ism the price many vary. To give you an idea a late model Bass Elite with a 40HP E-TEC or 4-Stroke would be worth about the price of the new package with the 30HP carby. There are alot of variables with second hand boats.

The best thing to do if you do not want to buy new is post on the site or PM me if you find a boat you like and I will let you know if it is the right price and my opinion of the rig.

Hope this helps,

Huey.

Mate I'm looking at updating my present rig and the one you're babysitting for your brother sounds like the sort of boat I'm after. Do you, or other readers, have any idea of how much a rig like this one would cost.

Thanks guys

Peter

Peter,

From memory he paid about $12,500 for it.

That included:

Two tone paint

Minn Kota bow mounted electric motor with foot controls

twin batteries

plumbed live bait tank

nav lights

anchor/rope

2 life jackets

Dunbier skid trailer

30hp 2 stroke Mariner

25 litre fuel tank

Two seats with 5 mounting positions

.carpeted floor

bilge pump

all regos

I thought it was a pretty good price, but bear in mind that was 12months ago.

This price included the additional extrusion that is factory fitted to accept the bow mounted motor. Some models don't come standard with it. It is alot stronger if fitted by STACER when the boat is manufactured.

Hope this helps.

Nathan