Ben Chifley Dam

robeebee

Where is that located and what fish can you expect to get there?

near Bathurst , we stay at a sheep property on the Kelso side

there are rainbow's , red fin and they stocked it with some golden perch last year

Edited by robeebee

near Bathurst , we stay at a sheep property on the Kelso side

there are rainbow's , red fin and they stocked it with some golden perch last year

the levels at chifley are a bit low but it is not too bad. plenty of water. we were still skiing there only a month ago. it has the most water for dams in the region at the moment. there is plenty of depth around the trees and the ever faithful weed edges. to the right of the ramp towards the cabins try not to go too close to the bank as we did in my brothers boat and hit a stump / shallow island at about 50 mph....ouch, hopefully it has been marked now as i know of about 5 people that hit the same spot..

God luck

Mitch

the levels at chifley are a bit low but it is not too bad. plenty of water. we were still skiing there only a month ago. it has the most water for dams in the region at the moment. there is plenty of depth around the trees and the ever faithful weed edges. to the right of the ramp towards the cabins try not to go too close to the bank as we did in my brothers boat and hit a stump / shallow island at about 50 mph....ouch, hopefully it has been marked now as i know of about 5 people that hit the same spot..

God luck

Mitch

are you talking about the ramp at the dam wall ?

if so , we don't put in there

where we launch there are no ramps

only mud if it is low, 4wd a must

last trip I made a jetty out of old pallets I found around the property

nearly killed me dragging that shit down , the owner didn't understand why

I said to him , why would you want to sink in mud when you put your boat in

when you can stand on timber and keep clean

he just looked at me strangley

some people aye

the bloke has never fished there in the whole time he's had the property

we ended up draggin the friggin pallets out with a tractor the mud was so sticky