Cleaning Fish

robeebee

where is it legal to clean fish ?

can you gut and clean in the bay while still fishing ?

I know you are not allowed near ramps and wharfs

# Are aware that it is an offence under the Litter Act 1973 to clean fish on wharves and boat ramps, and therefore use areas that will not disadvantage other users of our marine environment.

where is it legal to clean fish ?

can you gut and clean in the bay while still fishing ?

# Are aware that it is an offence under the Litter Act 1973 to clean fish on wharves and boat ramps, and therefore use areas that will not disadvantage other users of our marine environment.

Hi Robeebee

We actually had this discussion in a thread not too long ago.

Take a read through THIS THREAD

It may answer your question.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

If thats the case what should you do at a ramp like the hole in the wall at Sylvania. There is simply a ramp and wharf but no beach or rock area just a park.

If the above is correct then it is illegal to clean fish here and illegal to fillet on the water. :wacko: conundrum

Dave

If thats the case what should you do at a ramp like the hole in the wall at Sylvania. There is simply a ramp and wharf but no beach or rock area just a park.

If the above is correct then it is illegal to clean fish here and illegal to fillet on the water. :wacko: conundrum

Dave

Gutting and scaling at sea is fine as long as you leave the head & tail on.

The question wasn't about filleting.

I guess you can always do that once you get the fish home anyway, or at a fish cleaning table if there is one and dispose of the carcass away from the ramp..ie: home.

If no facilities exist at the ramp, then the only alternative is to take it home and do the filleting there.

Cheers,

Pete.