Now This Is What I Call Worming

OWZAT

Whoa Fellas , now before any of you lapse into a fit of Hysteria , I should point out that the Pic shown , was taken quite some time ago , and It Shows Lozza , at about 3 AM , having Just received his Daily Order of blood worms from Qld , for His Bait and Tackle Shop in Sydney.

His long time buddy told me , He sold one of these tubs , almost every day of the week , and so successful was it , it gave him time to Pursue his love of fishing.

The photo below , was one of 3 , that was dicovered in an old Box at a Relations place when spring cleaning .

The other two , are well worth a look , and I`m hoping Lozza will post them for you , and explain in great detail what they are , and where they were caught .

I think 99.9% of you will never have seen the two fish he is holding for a photo shoot prior to release .

Me , I had never heard of them untill the other day.

Mick

Awesome shot Mick - now THAT's a bucket of worms!!

And he managed to sell a whole tub each day you say? There must have been a lot of whiting caught around Sydney those days using his bait!

Thanks for sharing - looking forward to the other two shots . . .

G`day Fellas ,

I thought Lozza was going to post the Other two Pics , But I will have to Show him how do it later .

So Here They are , and I`ll let Lozza fill you in on with what , when , and how .

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

And Here`s the other one .

Mick

Awesome shot Mick - now THAT's a bucket of worms!!

And he managed to sell a whole tub each day you say? There must have been a lot of whiting caught around Sydney those days using his bait!

Thanks for sharing - looking forward to the other two shots . . .

G`day Fellas ,

Monds , If I arrived at his shop after 6.30 Am , I would miss out and have to settle for Mullett , thats how popular they were .

He was open From about 2 Am I think from Memory , coz I clearly recall pulling up one morning on my way to Narooma about 3 Am , and he was hard at it out the back , and If he wasn`t awake , you just rattled the shutters , and he would open Immediately and serve you .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

Hi Raiders. It's Lawrie You can see that Mick has been ratting my old pics again. brings back memories , I used to love that bait shop , even the early starts and long hours. and sure we used to sell heaps of blood worms we were the first to sell them comercially that was in about 1971. you would be amazed how they dug those babys, they were mostly used for catching bream. and would you believe i would have customers that would come to the shop and if we had run out they would go home and not go fishing. they liked them as bait that much. The other photo of the two trout was taken in new zealand and boy don't they have the trout business all sewn up. check out the size of these suckers , you can catch trout this size all day over there . a very nice place to go for a fishing holiday. and lovely people to boot. and the other photo was taken a very long time ago, this is a photo of a couple of very rare eastern cod. that i was lucky enough to catch while on a bass fishing trip on the nimboida river. the site of these beautiful fish as the swam off in the shallows as i released them was magnificant. as we know now that these fish are strictley protected and are to be left alone at all costs.

But it sure brings back memories. Iv'e Just opend a nice bottle of red and i am just sit back and relax . thanks raiders. Lawrie ..