The Mountain

aussie big bob

Hi raiders

It has been a while since I have been out so would just like to mention a quick point about my last trip, which I have just found out now.

The post was called (browns and beyond) total distance travelled 157km. Here is the good bit I have just refilled the boat 37.5 lts :yahoo:

Now here is a quick run down on this trip Sunday 3/06. Day starts a Campbelltown 3.30am go to pick up the deckie which has travelled down form the bidgee for some yft and blue eye fishing. Deckie was not all that well prepared by the time I got there, :05: so getting out of c/t was later than expected and still had two more stops to make before I hit the ramp.

Stop one was fellows raiders house to pick up the new Daiwa tanacom bull 1000 some sash weights and spare game reel and spare fuel drum as still not sure on the above amount fuel used for last trip, not sure if air lock.

Stop two was the servo to check the fuel tank was full and not air locked. Boat took another 3.2 lts, but I think this had run out the breather as it has a tendency to do this when the tank is full but still not trusting it I fill the spare fuel drum just in case.

Arrive at ramp 6.30. We are on our way to browns at 6.45am condition were quite good so throttle up to 45km and head for the mountain, speed was reduced by some 10km as the condition had changed

A bit as we rounded the heads of b/b.

Now down to a comfortable 33km arrive at the mountain little bit after 8am. So first thing was to get line down to bottom on the new Daiwa, 3kg sash weight 3 x 14/0 circle hooks loaded with squid and 467mtrs later and we are on the bottom at the mountain for the very first time. :thumbup:

The first drop only produced a small green eye shark but the second drop of 420mts produced a much larger catch and this was the mountain it self. :ranting2: So with rig left on the bottom of the mountain we decide to try for a yft.

But with no luck.

So started troll back to wide fad (not there) then trolled to peek (was there) trolled to close fad (was not there) like other raiders did not know that they had been pulled. :05:

So here is the good part 173klm 1 green eye shark, 1 stripey and 38.7lts of fuel

This is not a type o it only took 38.7lts. :yahoo:

So when I return your fuel can w/c you will not need to buy mower fuel for a while as it still got the 20lts in it.

Cheers

Bob

Edited by aussie big bob

What RPM do you cruise at?

I have a 100 Yammy same as yours but Fuel injected. Shes pushing a 5.6m Quintrex. A full days fishing including running to the shelf and back, trolling all day etc usually uses about 80L. Do you have an aftermarket prop? Are you sure the tanks not air locked again?

He just refilled the boat....

Guys don,t dismiss these figures as incorrect as it may be right

They do sound like great figures

as

Sammy and Chris have got similar figures in a recent trip

See quote below

38 Litres of petrol to cover 160km, 35km of which was between ¾ and full throttle pushing just on 50mph

Guest Big-Banana

When the motor was new we got around 170kms from 75litres of fuel on a brand new 175 Merc Optimax. So I guess it's not entirely out of the question. Obviously the fuel consumption is no longer that good :(

Doesn't sound right mate... Unless the gauge is calibrated wrong?

Anthony

There is no gauge on my boat this fuel consumption is simple as.

I fuel the boat right up to the brim and jump up and down like a crazed lunatic to ensure that there is no air lock.

When I can see the fuel at the filler cap the boat is full.

I go to browns and anywhere else that I may go.

I then stop at the servo the next trip out and repeat the same as above but If i only fit 38.7 lts in than this is what the boat used, simple as that.

No gauge needed to tell me any different.

And to answer other question of what rpm, I very rarely run my boat above the 45 hundred mark this gives me a top speed of 46km in good conditions and an average speed of 33km in choppy conditions.

Cheers

Bob