Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures

KINGvirgin

having not been out for a while and under stress with my practical work experience in a high school i was really looking forward to this long weekend, as i had a really bad fishing bug... u know that sort that drives you crazy and you cant function without thinking of fishing and the only cure of course is to go fishing.

well having seen the weather outlook for the weekend yesterday ( not promising) i had given up hope.

until i heard some pitter patter on my roof early this morning

you see today was meant to be a school athletics carnival, being a teacher it was my duty to help run it, but with rain gods on display it was cancelled. Even better news at 9:30am my supervisor says to go home as their was nothing for me to do. :thumbup:

so im sitting at home reading all these fantastic reports wishing i was fishing, when i stumble across some real oldies, one in particular about a local park with a lake/pond full of carp, to me it was now or never so armed with about 4 layers of clothes, some hastily made dough and a few slices of bread i whipped away 10 mins down the road and began a new experience. I burleyed up with some bread which stirred up a feeding frenzy.... of ducks and geese! after some smart diversion work i lured the feathered brigade away and began fishing in peace.

All was quiet and i was feeling much better, then out of nowhere BANG!!!!!!! my dough bait was smashed and a few seconds later their is a serial pest bought to the surface, it wasnt big but still put up a fairly good show, however in my attempt to cut it off for the bushes the sucker spat the hook and shot off.

Over the next hour this continued with many hooked but only a few actually ended up where they belonged , out of the water. Eventually my bait supply was exhausted and i went home a semi-happy man

took some action shots for giggles, spared any shots of the carp which to me dont warrant a picture.

the white goose did a good job of honking away any other unwanted company.

cheers :1fishing1: IANpost-1750-1181195039_thumb.jpgpost-1750-1181195059_thumb.jpgpost-1750-1181195070_thumb.jpg

PS sorry for the long and sad report, but i was really bored!

mate i know that feeling when you've not been fishing for a while and craving bad for it.

mee too i was very disappointed to see the forecast for the weekend. 4m+ swells, forget about any type of rock fishing

but may be beach fishing might be good...think about it

good report mate

cheers

bertrand

nice report, where abouts can you go carp fishing in sydney? ive got a big man made lake near me, that i wana give a shot, but havnt had the chance

Im not sure exactly, im sure the fresh water rivers might be a try. Otherwise there are plentiful man made lakes all throughout. I updated my profile becoz sydney was obviously a very vague place to say where im from :1prop: The place i went to was called Plumpton Park which is a nature reserve in surburbia.

I did kinda feel a bit silly rocking up with a fishing rod !

all the best on those carp, its a good way to kill an hour or 2

cheers

Ian

mate i know that feeling when you've not been fishing for a while and craving bad for it.

mee too i was very disappointed to see the forecast for the weekend. 4m+ swells, forget about any type of rock fishing

but may be beach fishing might be good...think about it

good report mate

cheers

bertrand

95% of my fishing is off the rocks, thats why this weekend was a no goer.( the forecast gets worse by day)

i wouldnt mind trying off the beach but i only use light gear so i could probably spit further than a cast but i will try it one day.... looks like a quiet weekend with the :wife: is on the cards, might take her out to see shrek 3 :1prop:

Hi Guys, Great report, Plumpton park you say not Narengingy?? if thats the case ill have to check that out. Another local that holds em is Werrington lake. Does feel kinda silly when you rock up but hey. I'll put my hand up if you want to team up too, more pepole wont feel so silly rockin up to a park.

Lata Raida

Waynie

Hi Guys, Great report, Plumpton park you say not Narengingy?? if thats the case ill have to check that out. Another local that holds em is Werrington lake. Does feel kinda silly when you rock up but hey. I'll put my hand up if you want to team up too, more pepole wont feel so silly rockin up to a park.

Lata Raida

Waynie

I get that feeling too. Especially when a large group of people gather behind you to watch. It's also bad when people walk past and offer stupid comments.

:tease: i'd love to see a fishraider CARP social :074:

but yeah anyone thats willing to ever go PM me and im good to have another crack

thanks coolamon, im sure you can give me some pointers so i am sure to dispose of more of these pests, hope we can all catch up for some fun!

Lata Raida

Waynie

Yeah Plumpton Park... the best access is Wren Tce which is off Sanctuary Dr i think.

I am sure Nurragingy has many a carp too though its much too populated for me to try.

You must be desperate fishing for carp !!!

In our local dam, the duck population has been decreasing.

People wrote into the papers complaining, thinking someone was killing them.

It turns out, there are huge eels in the dam and they have been eating the ducks.

Maybe try some meat for bait, you may catch a big eel instead of a carp.

Cheers

Greg

A few photos of the fish would have been nice!!! Check out the posting by Kiwi Waynie on Werrington Lake. Any fish is a good fish in my books... it's all a matter of perspective!!!

Cheers

Garn

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by PJ Garn