Fishing At Narooma In July?

Holmesie

Hi folks, I'm probably heading to Narooma for 4-5 days in the 2nd week of July. I'm wondering if it's worth dragging the boat down (well I'm not wondering, but my non-fishing wife IS :1prop: )

Anyone able to comment on the fishing in this area during July? I'm happy to be outside or in the estuary :thumbup:

Cheers and thanks,

Holmesie

This week the yellowfin tuna are absolutely on fire out on the shelf off bermagui,everyone is braining them

down there it is definately the place to be,but i reckon there will be plenty in july as well as its a great month

for tuna,should be kingys around the island as well as good snapper on the close in reefs,and if the weather

is rough,then you got the narooma inlet which has got plenty of bream,flathead, trevally etc ,its the

cleanest waterway ive ever seen anywhere,absolutely prestine.

Just a little tip though mate,if you are thinking of goin out to chase yellowfin at the shelf or the kink off

naroom,do youself a favour and drive the extra 25min down to bermagui and launch your boat there.There

is no bar to cross,which stops you worrying about the return home when the tide is running out and the

wind picks up,believe me there is no scarier place to be than the narooma bar when the sea is up;

could also be down there myself late june/early july got a few weeks off work and if the fin are on i will be there,as you no these days you gotta go were the fish are and when there on;cause nothing worse when

you get to a place like bermi and they tell you,should have been here last week fish were everywere;

You just have to take the boat down to a place like narooma,believe me you will be glad you did.

Forgot to mention the beaches at narooma,they are usually great fishin for salmon,top fun on light gear.

anyway mate,goodluck and take care

p.s. make sure you get the GPS marks if you havnt already got them,espacially the 12mile reef,

the 9mile,the shelf and the kink.

Thanks for info guys, much appreciated!! I would have taken the boat regardless, but needed a little evidence to convince the wife it was worthwhile :wacko:

Nexus, I fished Narooma back in March and it was a good time to learn the bar there as it was relatively calm. Will certainly take you advice about putting in a Bermi on board though :thumbup:

p.s. make sure you get the GPS marks if you havnt already got them,espacially the 12mile reef,

the 9mile,the shelf and the kink.

I'm still finding my way around the forum, is there a section where GPS marks are posted up?

Cheers

Holmesie

Thanks for info guys, much appreciated!! I would have taken the boat regardless, but needed a little evidence to convince the wife it was worthwhile :wacko:

Nexus, I fished Narooma back in March and it was a good time to learn the bar there as it was relatively calm. Will certainly take you advice about putting in a Bermi on board though :thumbup:

I'm still finding my way around the forum, is there a section where GPS marks are posted up?

Cheers

Holmesie

On the front page before you get into the forum there is a GPS menu up the top, but there are not many marks in it.

If you do a search on "GPS marks" there are a few threads with links that have heaps of them.

They are very useful

Cheers

Greg

thanks again Greg, I had already checked out the marks from the front page, not much relevant to Narooma though and a search didn't unearth many either..

The Marinews site (http://www.marinews.com/fishing_gps_listing.php?sid=17) seems to have quite a few, whether they are reliable or not remains to be seen :wacko:

Cheers!

Edited by Holmesie

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP - heading down next week, weather doesn't look the best, but does anyone know if the fish are biting?!! :1fishing1:

Cheers!

hi holmesie,

might be good idea to take a snow and blizzard outfit with thermo gloves down there this coming week and take some blackfish gear with you just in case. plenty of cunjee around and you'll get other hits in close.

i don't fish for blackfish these days but i've had some real good blackfish results down that way in aweful winter weather.

brain spike em before they release any panic juice, bleed em well, scrape the gut clean and cook em on the fire. :thumbup:

i hope this helps if it's too rough and it's a little better than just lookin out the window down there.

jewgaffer

fish on :1fishing1: