Rubber Landing Nets

robeebee

I just bought one on good advice

being an avid catch and release fisherman (when the freezer is full) I wanted to make a difference

the survival rate of my conquests are important to me

have not tried it yet , will be out on Botany bay on Monday , weather permitting

any one used a similar net ?

Edited by robeebee

I have used one in one of my mates boats and found it very heavy but its still good as small trebles dont get stuck in them like environets

I will get one when my environet perishes if they ever do

I also like the handle setup

ditto on the heavy comment.... VERY HEAVY!!!!!!!

they're a bastard to control when it's dangling off the side of the boat

i'll take my enviro "catch'n'release" net any day .....

Thanks to Wattos ....

not that i'm endorsing Watto or Watto's shop in any way (Plasser Pl, St Marys) in any hope of a commission or anything!!

I mean Watto (from Watto's Tackle) is a great bloke and everything, and he's got a great range at great prices and all, but I'm not the type of bloke to sell out like that .....

Just ask Sean (aka Watto from Watto's Tackle , St Marys)

:thumbup:

Hi guys I also use a fastnet but in the short handle version, was very concerned about the weight of the net as I planned to hang it off the back of my fly vest. Whilst the net can seem heavy to the hand I have been carrying the net on my vest for extended periods and have found it to be very comfortable and does not pull on your shoulders too much. Take heart in the fact that whatever net you choose (fastnet or environet ) you are doing the fish a favour. cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

My son gave me one for Xmas last year. I reckon they're good, but quite heavy, so when I go fishing on my own, I always take the old net as well. These rubber ones are a bit hard when you're struggling with a GIANT flatty in one hand and the heavy net in the other whilst surfing the Manly ferry wake!!

Russ

( It was so a GIANT...........! )

I have the fast net to at the moment, great for when 2 people are on the boat but it has a short handle. When I fish alone I still use my Environet with a long handle so I can just swim the fish into it. The fast net is definatly better tho with hooks and trebles. There is a new one coming in by the Skeeter boys. Similar to the fast net but longer in the handle plus it floats incase it slips out of your hands and you dont lose it.

Havent got mine yet but others say it's great.

The weight thing is only a problem when your catching butterflies ;) when in the water netting fish they seem fine.

Greg