New Baitcating Outfit

top breamer

im particular fond of the daiwa viento, due to the fact that its got a little twitch bar, which is perfect for a lazy fsherman like me when it comes to luring. i might take the plunge and get one myself, as my uncle just recently purchased one and now i love it to bits after trying it out.

gday mate,

i've got a curado 101B and a t-curve 601 baitcast light.

its my flatty killer. the rod is just right for flicking plastics in the bay. its also handled its fair share of kingies (as well as copping a few bust ups from the bigger models - but we dont talk about that :mad3: )

one more thing: im right handed, and have been using my left hand to wind for about 3 years now (on this combo). it doesn't take too long to learn and i feel much better at handling the rod in my dominant hand so much so that when i pick up someone elses right hand combo, i'll automatically start winding with my left hand, before realising the handle is on the other side of the reel!

im particular fond of the daiwa viento, due to the fact that its got a little twitch bar, which is perfect for a lazy fsherman like me when it comes to luring. i might take the plunge and get one myself, as my uncle just recently purchased one and now i love it to bits after trying it out.

heyy thanx for your help umm.. but what is a twich bar and what does it do also how much are they$$$

thanx

topbreamer

gday mate,

i've got a curado 101B and a t-curve 601 baitcast light.

its my flatty killer. the rod is just right for flicking plastics in the bay. its also handled its fair share of kingies (as well as copping a few bust ups from the bigger models - but we dont talk about that :mad3: )

one more thing: im right handed, and have been using my left hand to wind for about 3 years now (on this combo). it doesn't take too long to learn and i feel much better at handling the rod in my dominant hand so much so that when i pick up someone elses right hand combo, i'll automatically start winding with my left hand, before realising the handle is on the other side of the reel!

gday nathan thanx for your help is the curado 101b a left handed reel ???

Iv got a shimano crestfire baitcaster loaded with 8lb braid, think i paid about $170 3 years back.

Landed flathead, trevally, yakkas, dolphinfish, small kings, pinkies, tailor, pike, shovel nose sharks, bream, leatherjacket.

It is coupled to a getaway 3-6kg, 6 foot rod.

cheers james

heyy thanx for your help umm.. but what is a twich bar and what does it do also how much are they$$$

thanx

while ur lure fishing or even bait fishing, u can use the twitch bar to make the bait or lure...well...twitch!, i guess it gives it that extra spark enticing fish to grab at it. i think it retails for around 200 bux. somone correct me if im wrong

Cheers

Davy

... but what is a twich bar and what does it do also how much are they$$$

thanx

Top Breamer

A twitch bar is a part of the baitcaster that when pressed reels in 10 - 20 cms (or so) of line at a time.

When you press it the soft plastic moves a bit and then stops. Makes the retrieval very erratic. Deadly way of catching flatties.

You will see on many fishing DVDs that the presenters will give thier soft plastic a lot of action by moving the rod. The twitch bar does something similar.

Evets