Servo Pillie Strikes Again.

Kiwi Dan

Hello raiders,

Well after returning from strom ravaged central coast yesterday I couldnt resist the urge to put the boat in this morning with the chilly but fine weather. Picked up a mate and we headed straight to spot X from Tunks, arrived at about 730. The water was full of rubbish, cans, bottles, plastic and a heap of big sticks to dodge. It was sooooooo dam dirty I thought we were gonna come home with all bait in tact. We dropped down 2 squid strips and 2 pillies and started reading the paper. Instantly we were into a few good hits on the pillies and after 20 minutes had pulled up about 6 small snapper around the 20-28cm mark. About 20 mintues later I get a good hit and start losing line to a slightly bigger red that ended up going 37cm.

After burleying and using half a 2kg bag of pillies I heard the ohh soo sweet sound of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz my light rod goes off at right angles and the line is headed straight for the moorings. It got there before I could gain any line back and for a moment I thought it had won but some how it swam back around and free'ed itself. Now out in the open I played it back to the boat and a nice 67cm King is landed.

post-4176-1181566144_thumb.jpg

We fished Spot x for a few more hours then headed into the harbor for more small snapper and another big run on my mates rod but after 30secs he pulled the hooks. :1badmood: . We decided to head back to Spot X for one last shot on the way home. We wipped up a quick feed but there was nothing on the bite down below. There was a couple fishing off a little rock ledge about 70m away and pulled in 2 nice kings while we watched. We decided to call it quits so started the engine pulled up my rod and my mate went for the anchor. With everything packed away bar 1 rod something hit it like a train and went crazy, this thing pelt line with ease. Andrew tightend his drag and tried to gain some back but with no luck. It made it to a mooring and wedged itself in good and proper, I had a go at trying to drive it off with no luck. He eventually got busted off and we thought hmmmmm maybe 20 more minutes but decided against it.

I have no doubt this was a thumper but unfortunately for my mate it was the one that got away!!

Cheers

Kiwi Dan

Gidday Dan,

Well done n the Coffee king...

Would love to know what whacked your mate later in the day.. could have been a Jew !!!

We were inspired by your last report and bought a pack of Pillies.. we had some good hits on them.. My brother lost a King (we reckon - same fight and head thumps).. he was fishing too close to the bottom and it got him on a snag about 5 seconds after the hookup.

Cheers

C. :thumbup:

Gidday Dan,

Well done n the Coffee king...

Would love to know what whacked your mate later in the day.. could have been a Jew !!!

We were inspired by your last report and bought a pack of Pillies.. we had some good hits on them.. My brother lost a King (we reckon - same fight and head thumps).. he was fishing too close to the bottom and it got him on a snag about 5 seconds after the hookup.

Cheers

C. :thumbup:

Hey Ceph

Couldnt beleive the fish taking the pillies over the fresh squid.

Although I was filthy my mate got busted off in a way I was happy because I couldnt have him landing steam trains like that in my boat and not me!! :074::074::074:

Cheers

Dan

Edited by Kiwi Dan