Shimano Models

caine

i have the symetre in the 2500 and 1500, as well as the sedona in the 1500, and i am most comfortable with the symetres. good value, and have gone through some tough sessions and still come out on top.

Not too sure about the stradic or stella models, i think it may depend what sizes u are looking at. personally, i just love the opal white colour of the stradic! :thumbup: vry stylish.

Cheers

Davy

Edited by Davy

Caine i would not say from crap mate

From bottom of range to Top of range

• Ix
  • Hyperloop
  • FX FB
  • AX6000F
  • Alivio
  • Aernos Single Ball bearing
  • JHX
  • Slade
  • Sienna
  • Oceania Aernos XT
  • Sedona RA
  • Sedona FB
  • Sahara
  • TSS4
  • Spheros
  • Rear drag Bait runners
  • Baitrunner
  • Symetre FI
  • Stradic
  • Twin power
  • Sustain
  • Aspire
  • Stella

Caine this is off there site in the list how it is

So to answer your question

stella,stradic,sedona,slade

i have had a few of these reels and used a fair few on the list all do a job

what there desingned for.

Ive never used a Twin power and above.

but as you go up the range you can feel the performance improve.

Edited by johnno

Local tackle store gave me a play of the twin powers in the 2500 model in the store a couple of weeks ago.. WOw.. VERY NICE PIECE OF GEAR. if u have the doh for it i suggest u give them a looksie.

CaineS,

I bought a Symetre 1000 and after a week of light use it started sticking in a main bearing. I had a good winge then traded up to a stradic 1000, the best move i ever made...its magic.

Cheers,

Bobfish

You must have got a bad one Ive had one now for over ten years It got a bit worn out so I took it to Fishfinder Tony and now its working great again Its still a great little reel

Hi Bob

Sounds very strange that it would happen.

Are you sure it was a 1000 or was it a 1500.

johnno,

Your right mate it was the 1500 model. Good call. The funniest thing happened whist sp'ing for bream, at the same point on every revolution the reel stuck :( Over a period of an hour it got worse to the point of locking up :mad3: As the reel was only a week old i stormed into the local tackle shop n demanded a manager :ranting2: Best thing i could have done. I put the error down to a manufacturing fault. Im in mech. engineering and realise quality assurance isnt 100% efficiant. Generally only a very small percentage of units are checked for accuracy.

ive got the stradic, symetre, had a sedona and a sienna in the 2500 class.

siennas cheap but does the job the sedona was a notch better in terms of drag but then u could just palm the spool and thats that.

the stradic and symetre on paper are nearly identical but the symetre has a higher max drag its also cheaper

by heaps

stellas are just too crazy (cost too much) but if ur gona spend the money i'd say the twin power

ive used them once. i'll own one soon.

in the end if ur gona spend some money u carnt go wrong with shimano.

a little tlc and it will go the distance.

Between my brother, old man, brother in law and myself, we have a collection of Twinpowers, Stellas and Stradics.

They range from 1000 models to 6000 models.

The Stradics are great value for money. They are smooth and strong and if you look after them, last a long time. I have one which I bought in the mid 90's and it is still going strong despit going for a swim and playing in the sand pit a few times.

Between the Twinpower and the Stella, there isn't much difference performance wise at first. Aesthetically, the Stellas look better (IMO) however, they are nearly twice the price. Thew SW Twin Powers have 10 bearings so you can imagine the smoothness of the action and drag.. Stellas don't feel much different at first but, after a while you can tell the difference. They don't seem to loosen up as much.

I find the Japanese retailers offer a more choice and an unbelievable array of accessories etc.. I don't understand why Shimano Australia don't keep up. We only have old models available here. There are 7 Stella Models available in Australia and over 20 models available in Japan and the USA. It is annoying. I get all my gear OS these days. It is cheaper and there is more choice.

Sorry to have a whinge...

Cheers

Ceph.