September Trip

vipernut

Hi all, i am attending a wedding in the middle of september(wife is in the bridal party).The wedding is in the taree area. I decided it would be a good time for a bit of a holiday,so we are going up for nine nights and staying at a place on Mitchells Island(manning point).

The perfect place for a fish,Manning river on one side and 100m to the beach on the other side.The trouble is i have never fished in this area before.I have already aquired some maps of the river system and looked for likely spots on google earth.

I was wondering if any members have any knowledge of the area.From what i can see from maps and google i will be launching from manning point.

Also if any members live in the area, i would gladly offer them a spot on my boat for a days fishing in exchange for some good company and some local knowledge.

Stephen.

Edited by stephen.h

Hi Stephen

I keep meaning to go up that way to check it out, but am having too much fun down here at Forster, catching fish!!! :thumbup::yahoo:

Send a pm to Owzat/Mick - both he & his son are great fishos & am sure they will know the area (from Old Bar.)

Further up the manning, past Wingham, is Bass Territory, too!!! BIG BASS! 50cm+ If you haven't already seen it, check out Dave Seaman's "Wild River Bass' DVD. All filmed on the manning. Awesome takes! Scares the living daylights out of you, some of them!

Cheers

Roberta

I spent a great deal of time fishing this river over many years. I will try to put some info together and send to you. My father was born on Oxley Island and we spent a lot of time fishing this river from the mouth to as far up as Croakie (sorry if I spelled this wrong).

It would help if you tell me if you are land based, what style of fishing you will be doing (beach,river), and and perticular species you want to target.

Cheers

Kingpig

It would help if you tell me if you are land based, what style of fishing you will be doing (beach,river), and and perticular species you want to target.

Hi kingpig, i have a boat,so am thinking off fishing mostly the river. I have a very open mind as to what species,but am hoping to play around with a heap of plastics so predomadently flathead,bream,whiting and possibly a trip one day futher up to try and tangle with some bass.