Brisbane Waters

mark*

went to paddies channel at bout 2 this arvo. . . got out there picked up some bream

all undersize. then got a legal whiting. soon after this i had a very solid hook-up. this

fish had bout 4 good runs on 6 lb line. get it to the boat and its about 35 - 40 cms, the

net shot was missed and it took another run. this happened and the hook pulled :ranting2:

after this we landed 2 crabs but dropped countless others which is strange as my dad n i

usually have a good percentage of them landed drop very few. something different though

the last bait was being brought in by a mate and something solid jumps on it, very dull weight

no kickin we think crab. get it next to the boat and its a catfish (we think) of about 4 kilo,

never caught them that big in brisbane waters before.

all in all a relaxing arvo on the water. . . n a few fish caught

regards mark

Sounds like a great day out on the water mate, I fished brisbane water from 5am sat to about 9am, out past the rip bridge, only catching small bream. The water was incredibly murky. I also got out in the afternoon at Gosford rail bridge, drifting hard bodied lured under the bridge with the current. Managed a tailor at about 30cm and also what I think is a Bass? Still, great day out on the water seeing as I hadn't been out for so long.

post-4344-1182740327_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stessl415

:thumbup: Sounds like a fun session in the legendary Paddy's Channel. Was the 35-40cm fish a bream or a whiting, Mark? Either fish puts up a great fight at that size - especially on light gear. Any flatties about? That's a nice Estuary Perch, Stessl! Well done! :thumbup:

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman