Registration For My Boat...

galvin

hi raiders, just wondering if anyone could give me a hand.. i have a 11ft tinny which has never had Registration. now i do understand that boat codeing is a must, i will take care of that tommorrow. but were do i go from here do i take the boat code to the waterways or is there a inspection on the boat... just wana get her registered... sorry if this is does'nt make sense any help would be go

cheers livebait!!

livebait,

Yes you need the boat to have a Hull Identification Number and you also need to fill out an application for vessle registration form available to downlad from the Maritime web site.

Once you have both of these then just attend your nearest Maritime office for it to be processed.

Here is a link for you to download the relevant form.

Maritime Forms

Edited by rzep

I'm a bit iffy on it, but I think that the Hull ID number must be sighted by an authorised person. When I went to get mine registered, we had to get the form signed by a marine dealer, he gave us a paper saying that it was legit, and then the boat was registered.

That may all come into part of registersing a vessel for the first time.

cheers,

pete.

Also for some info

If your Boat hull has no boat code plate but you have the manufactureres hull numbers stamped they can be used for the boat code.Quintrex have done this on some boats since 2000.

but will need to be checked by a authorised person if the boat hasn,t been regoed in NSW before.