Dfi 2-stroke, Diesel I/o, 4-stroke

wise one

Lots of threads on 2-stroke v 4-stroke, eTec's etc.

Interesting point re raising marlin. My old boat (a 6.4m Pacific Sports fish with twin Honda 90HP 4-strokes) certainly raised its fair share of marlin. My current boat with a diesel I/O also raises the fish.

I too have heard Greenies stories on how his boat with (I think) a 150HP Honda is very "fishy".

What is missing from the debate are all the DFI 2-stroke owners (eTec and Optimax) that go marlin fishing too - where are you guys? Do these engines raise marlin or not?

Love to hear from you!

Edited by wise one

Wiseone,

I think you might be waiting a while for a response, but to be fair, a guy down kiama way has a 6.4m plate boat with a 200hp e-tec (HO very thirsty, 200litres a day) that raises a few marlin but i have to say that the sound of the aluminium hull slapping on the water has got a little fish raising ability aswell it probaly sounds stupid, but who out there owns a e-tec powered fibreglass hull that catches fish on the troll regulary??

By the way the guy with the plate boat i was refering to is buying the same hull and installing a diesel sterndrive (80 litres a day) ready for next season marlin season.

I would love ride in your Black watch if a spot is available.

regards Matt

Wise one

Mate was your old boat called geronimo???

Me and my dad were taking a look at it on the interenet when you had it advertised that was a VERY nice rig.

cheers james

It was called Splash when I sold it then renamed Geronimo - so "YES" that was my old rig.

She certainly was/is a great trailerable sportsfisher!

Hi Lads

Reading with interest regards the 2 stroke v 4 stroke debate on motors

really grabed my attention in regards to there fish raising ability (namely marlin)

having a previous boat that changed from 2 to 4 stroke motors and which did not make a scrap of

differance in that regards.................

But after going through a dry spell of raising marlin I started looking for reasons...........

for why............ the only changes to the boat was an addition of one of them small fridges the type for camping 12 volt ............And after much scrutiny and finger pointing i decided that, since the fridge

came on board that had to be the culprit....

For i haven't seen a fish since........ and it had to go!!!!!!

And you guessed it.......... next time out............. bye bye fish drought.............

We tend to be fiercly fanatical regards any thing that might shy the fish away and any hint

of it being related to the motor would in my eyes doom it to the scrap heap............

frustrating im sure to the people concerned telling us......But there a good motor......

Can any one tell me if you were to dive under water can you hear or feel a differance under water........

with a four v two stroke motor i know ........................................

you can hear diesal motors and feel them from miles away at times

what must that sound and feel like to a fish would be the last thing a outboard mechanic

would be concerned with but as i said ..............we are fanatical with that thought

Cheers Warnie

Edited by johnno