Solunar Theory

Guest DV8

After reading the post on barometric pressure I was prompted to post this link.

When it comes to troutin', I swear by the moon phases, and so do the blokes in the know down the snowy.

Worth a read anyway!

http://www.kingsoutdoorworld.com/hunting-g...0FISHING%20DAYS

A good almanac or a casio bitin time watch can make all the difference.

Interested in hearing from some of the other freshwater fishos.

davo

After reading the post on barometric pressure I was prompted to post this link.

When it comes to troutin', I swear by the moon phases, and so do the blokes in the know down the snowy.

Worth a read anyway!

http://www.kingsoutdoorworld.com/hunting-g...0FISHING%20DAYS

A good almanac or a casio bitin time watch can make all the difference.

Interested in hearing from some of the other freshwater fishos.

davo

hi davo,

i grew up in cowra on the banks of the lachlan, fished the lachlan every other day and quite a few times a year fished the willandra billabong near hilston.

the moon and sun relationship as i read it on your link does indeed coincide with frenzy times in freshwater fishing when i think back on it. that article in your link shows a good comparison as to the moods of humans, animals and fish in conditions due to the atmosphere which i can relate to and fully agree with.

being a lad at the time and being so close the the river, i fed the chooks and set the crayfish traps and checked them after school. we used to supply yellow belly and cod to the local cafes the garden of roses and the golden key.

i remember playing them on solid rods or dragging fish in on springers and lines which my family had set overnite . my father and mentors were adamant it was first and foremost barometric and it was always, the moon's just right every nice evening on the river when there were a zillion insects hovering over the water and in the surrounds.

i sooned learned as a youth down here in the city it was far more challenging to study and target the organ grinders, the jewies and have the monkeys as the secondary catch to them.

i followed the moon phases but coudn't get a constant factor. the barometer, the tides, rain wind and location became my bible for jewfish.

after all the moon is the controller and on reading your link i am now certain that if fishos synchronize the sun and the moon's interaction and the barometric pressure with fishing times, the success rate will improve out of sight, "if we only had time, only had time".........

i feel strongly about your guiding others to this link and your thoughts behind it and i'm glad it works so well with your trout as catching those in numbers is more than an art.

i'll try to be be there when it all coincides and will take notes over time.

thanks and cheers. the link you passed on will be extremely helpful to fishos

i enjoyed these wise words at the end of the article on the link too. But always remember ... the BEST time to go huntin' ... is whenever you can!

jewgaffer

fish on :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer