Mixed Bag

Buster and co

Hi All,

Got out for a fish today and managed this little lot.

Snapper were just over legal, nothing to write home about, but the teraglin was a welcome catch, and only the second one I have ever taken. :thumbup:

Caught him on a live yellowtail rigged to swim on the bottom.

All in all lovely day out on the briney. Wind got up a bit at times but the sun was warm, and a visit from a curious seal was interesting.

Good luck to all you raiders taking part in the hairtail social tonight. I hope the toothy critters play along and provide some fun. I hope everyone went well provisioned with a little liquid fire to ward off the chills.

Cheers,

Rick

post-4783-1183797509_thumb.jpg

Well done buster & co :thumbup: Do you have any more pics of the teralgin? They must be a close rellie of jewfish as they look very similar.

Hi bobfish,

Yeah, very similar. You can differentiate them by a couple of points. Most noticably, Jewfish have a convex,(paddle shaped), tail, and Teraglin have a concave shaped one. Also, a Teraglins mouth is yellow inside. Happily, though, they taste very similar. Yum!

I got this guy from my usual haunt at Boulton's reef.

Cheers,

Rick

post-4783-1183800083_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

Got out for a fish today and managed this little lot.

Snapper were just over legal, nothing to write home about, but the teraglin was a welcome catch, and only the second one I have ever taken. :thumbup:

Caught him on a live yellowtail rigged to swim on the bottom.

All in all lovely day out on the briney. Wind got up a bit at times but the sun was warm, and a visit from a curious seal was interesting.

Good luck to all you raiders taking part in the hairtail social tonight. I hope the toothy critters play along and provide some fun. I hope everyone went well provisioned with a little liquid fire to ward off the chills.

Cheers,

Rick

post-4783-1183797509_thumb.jpg

great mixed bag there mate,id be happy with half that catch.

tight lines

Twin1 marcel

Hi bobfish,

Yeah, very similar. You can differentiate them by a couple of points. Most noticably, Jewfish have a convex,(paddle shaped), tail, and Teraglin have a concave shaped one. Also, a Teraglins mouth is yellow inside. Happily, though, they taste very similar. Yum!

I got this guy from my usual haunt at Boulton's reef.

Cheers,

Rick

post-4783-1183800083_thumb.jpg

I guess the next thing is which of these you'll eat first :thumbup:

Ive heard that teralgin don't like to leave they're mates behind so if you weight a live one and drop him back down you can clean up the whole school. Food for thought.

Cheers, Bobfish