Boat Trailer Modifications

Slaka

Hi all,

I just bought a Polycraft 455 but the trailer is about 40cm too long for my garage ( I didn't want to meausre it as it would be a reason not to buy a boat!). I have heard that you can get trailers that have a colapsable main arm or a folding section to get them in tight places, does anyone know of anywhere that can perform such mods on a trailer. I have the standard RM trailer that comes with Polycraft boats. If not I will have to build a carport in the back yard.

Hi all,

I just bought a Polycraft 455 but the trailer is about 40cm too long for my garage ( I didn't want to meausre it as it would be a reason not to buy a boat!). I have heard that you can get trailers that have a colapsable main arm or a folding section to get them in tight places, does anyone know of anywhere that can perform such mods on a trailer. I have the standard RM trailer that comes with Polycraft boats. If not I will have to build a carport in the back yard.

Anyone???

Hi all,

Hi Slaka

The Australian Bass Angler in Penrith sells those folding drawbar trailers, perhaps call them they might know somebody who can do the mods?

hey slaka , where are you located?

From memory there is a trailer place in brookvale that can do these alterations ,although cannot remember the name of it for the moment. :05:

Rob

EDIT: just found it, http://www.silverwoodtrailers.com.au/front/contactus.asp , my dads friend got his done there.

Edited by KingsRule

Hi Slaka, as mentioned, you should be able to move the winch post forward which will move the whole boat forward on the trailer and that could give you enough to fit where you need to put it. I am sure the RM trailer have long skids and having a bit overhanging the rear of the boat will not be a drama.

It would be alot easier and cheaper than getting someone to modify your trailer and I would try that first if it was my boat.

Hope you get it sorted,

Huey.

Thanks guys. There is very little overhang as the boat is afair way back. I guess it may be possible to shorten the front of the trailer, I will try some of the guys you have suggested. Has anyone ever had the trailer shortened?

I wish I could put it in at an angle but I have another toy in the garage.

Hi Slaka, do not shorten the trailer at first, just pull the boat more onto the trailer by moving the winch post forward, making the overall length less. If that does not work, then look at shortening the drawbar.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Slaka, do not shorten the trailer at first, just pull the boat more onto the trailer by moving the winch post forward, making the overall length less. If that does not work, then look at shortening the drawbar.

Cheers,

Huey.

Unfortuntely the overhang at the back is minimul (only about 15cm), so moving it forward won't really solve the problem.

Hi Slaka, next time you use your boat take it for a run on the Hawkesbury and call in and I will show you what I mean. I would be surprised if we can not solve your dilema easily.

Cheers,

Huey.