Old Mans Hat Sat

marus8504

hi guys

i am plannig a trip out to old mans hat on sat. i have never fished from here before and was woundering if anyone had any pointers for me. i am planning to take out a 12Ft and 9Ft rod with 20Lb line. should i take a light outfit?

also i am no good at getting live bait and when i do i have know idear on what to do with it so i was thinking of takeing just some normal bait from my fishing shop, any recomendations on what sort of bait i should be buying for this area. your help will be greatly appreciated

thanks

Mark

hi guys

i am plannig a trip out to old mans hat on sat. i have never fished from here before and was woundering if anyone had any pointers for me. i am planning to take out a 12Ft and 9Ft rod with 20Lb line. should i take a light outfit?

also i am no good at getting live bait and when i do i have know idear on what to do with it so i was thinking of takeing just some normal bait from my fishing shop, any recomendations on what sort of bait i should be buying for this area. your help will be greatly appreciated

thanks

Mark

If you're land based you can get some yakkas or squid from manly wharf or the gas works. Send them out on a float/balloon and hope for a kingy or salmon if you're lucky. You might get a bream or drummer in the wash if you send a peeled prawn out as well. Good luck, and be careful if you're land based it can get very dangerous down there when there's a swell.

If you're land based you can get some yakkas or squid from manly wharf or the gas works. Send them out on a float/balloon and hope for a kingy or salmon if you're lucky. You might get a bream or drummer in the wash if you send a peeled prawn out as well. Good luck, and be careful if you're land based it can get very dangerous down there when there's a swell.

i have heard of ' old mans hat ' where is it exactly and how to get there

landbaseddd?