Cowan 13/14 July

domza

After about 9 weeks off the water, i almost forgot how good 2stroke smelt. Got 2 akuna bay marina ramp at about 8pm with a huge high tide. In fact water was so high that it broke the concrete wall and filled half the car park with water.

Anyway after carefully navigating through the river i soon got to Jeruselum bay. ( Couldn't see sh*t as there was no moon..barely missed a couple of logs but a pair of ducks wern't so lucky :( )

Set-up and after about 2 hours my float starts jumping around but whatever was having a go at my bait couldn't send it underwater -obviously something small.

Made a move 50m down, and within 1 hour i was on. Unfortunately only a small one at 120cm. Not much else after that, moved to akuna bay in front of the land based spot (which was completely deserted :1yikes: ) and sent down my livie which got smashed by something (had a clean bite out of the back of the head) but it was getting windy and we were getting spun 360' so the call was made to head home. Low tide at the ramp, and just a warning anyone launching/retrieving there..it has to be the most slippery ramp in sydney-so take it easy. Home @ 0430 :biggrin2:

P.s no pics, as when i woke up the hairy was already being cooked :mad3:

Also the water temp was a very refreshing 13.5 degree's :1yikes: anyone fancy a dip?

I was thinking cuttlefish.

i wouldnt doubt either a cuttle or squid.. ive had a fat southern come after my livie and start chewing at the back of the poor buggers head :P hahah.. im sure many others have had this experience too.. :)