Anyone On Line At The Moment To Resize About 10 Fish Photos?

jewgaffer

hi everyone.

can anywhone help me resize about 10 fish photos ? as not one will go thru for me

i can email them over (just) and my wife shirley is not much good on a computer either.

in return i'll pinpoint a safe and easy land based spot on the hawkes for fairly regular jewie hook ups . :1yikes:

cheers.

and as we're not much good at understanding link instruction, it would helpful if someone could just post in easy plain english steps how shirl and i can resize photos of fish and our boats

it's a whole new ball game out there in computers. we've spent too much time doing better things like fresh air and fishing i suppose.

thanks

jewgaffer

fish on :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

mate just click on your photo to select it then click up top left, file, select edit then image, select stretch and skew, then just change your image down in percentage and save as ????, my camera is 3.2 megapixel and 35% does it for me! but just check you image by right clicking on it then properties, i think 40KB is max!

good luck!

I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager myself and edit the picture and compress it for web page.

It works a treat.

Hello jewgaffer

You can send them to me.

Have got all the software necessary.

I sent you a pm with my e-mail

cheers

inhlanzi

hi thanks again for coming to the rescue again inhlanzi i'll email them to you tomorrow if that's ok? do i have to scan them one at a time to email them or try to group a few together in the scanner if they fit under the lid ok.?

i would like to thank all the other members who were kind enough to reply tonight but shirl and i couldn't follow along too well and zrep thanks heaps paul but when i entered that address it said can't deliver mail service administration problem or something after about 20 mins or so.

when i highlighted each photo and hit the edit button this microft xp version does not have a button to take me to either the words image or stretch or skew either. just says cut and paste and i don't know what that is yet and a few other irrelevant words and google help is no help at all only thousands of help buttons to read

so i still don't know what i am going to do with my boats either but stew swordfisherman is going to call in and snap those

and wildfish from st andrews is that luke? stew said you could probably be a deckie for me and my grandson for the recent hairtail social and i had plans for other than those buck teeth freaks but i think their still mainly soapies just yet so we'll wait till this misery settles mate and cripes it'll fire .

i am in c/town area too when im not away fishing ballina with tmy busted back and an operation and all but walking ok so it needs time.

thanks heaps every body for now.

and i reckon i still need a bit of help with slow easy steps so i can be a bit more independent with photo resizing in the future.

anyone ever had the time to read microsoft help pages , struth :ranting2:

best regards to all and i hope i don't miss anyone in my giving thanks and appreciation as the email bell keeps going off all the time as i write

jewgaffer

Microsoft paint>Image>Stretch/Skew

then change the stretch horizontally and vertically accordingly. Try 50% for each, if is still too big try going down to 40,30 etc

Easiest way to resize pics i rekon.

Byron,send them to fishraider@iinet.net.au and I will have them up in a jiffy :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

the first one should go in a few mins thanks swordfisherman

think there'll be 8 i can send but in a group for some and sep for others, want to get photos taken at ballina for jewhunter grant at the tweed as he says he has not had time as yet to get right into it again. can you forward on to him as well as back to me, anyway?

cheers

jewgaffer

Jewgaffer ,

The system I use is so easy , if you can turn your computer on , you can use it.

Download " Image Resizer" from THIS WEBPAGE. Install it , and just right click on the pic you want to resize. Select Resize , then choose the size you require, left click OK , and thats it. It will create the pic for you , and rename it !! Too Easy!

Ross

Hahaha, look at all the replies! I'm young too :beersmile:

Pick me, pick me!!

I'll retouch them for you too, make the fish look bigger :P

I'm sure someone by now has done them, if not, i'm still here :P

NEED TO KNOW A JEWIE SPOT :tease:

Jewgaffer ,

The system I use is so easy , if you can turn your computer on , you can use it.

Download " Image Resizer" from THIS WEBPAGE. Install it , and just right click on the pic you want to resize. Select Resize , then choose the size you require, left click OK , and thats it. It will create the pic for you , and rename it !! Too Easy!

Ross

hi thanks flightmanager i'm sure this info will certainly fix this computer glitch for want of a better word

i asked swordfisherman to send some ballina photos up to jewhunter which i hope will establish an excellent ballina connection with stew's old fishing friend etc of many years and my long standing mate, jimmy bowers who stewy says is one of the most naturally talented fisherman in australia

that combo would catch some pretty fair fish what do you reckon stewy?

i would also like to thank all the other members who took the time to help out

flightmanager i think this particular link to microsoft you sent will help lots of others as well

i received a reply from browney1 which simply states send them to me "trust me i'm young i'll have them up before you know it" and i think that says it all with my generation of fishos and computers.

regards

jewgaffer

Here are the pictures of a longtime fishing partner and ex brother in law of mine :biggrin2: .

post-256-1184501095_thumb.jpg

When Byron sent them to me I nearly fell off the chair ,thats Jimmy Bowers :1yikes: .

Cheers Stewy