What Do You Think Of This Boat?

locodave

hi man just had a look at it nice very nice but as you said y so cheap id be getting some sort of inspections done on it befor anything general boat safety inspection and revs do a boat check too to make sure theres no money oweing on it to just my opinion

cheers mick

It is a brand new boat and he has sold them before.

I would contact someone who has bought this boat hull already to get their opinion.

Just remember that there is no MOTOR this is for hull only.

And as Mick has stated don't forget a REV check.

locodave

I read about these somewhere...I think they are a chinese copy/import. Not in itself that bad these days but you would want to look closely at the construction, particulary thickness of glassing and materials.

Worth a look out interest alone.

Cheers

Chris

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-Cuddy-Cab...1QQcmdZViewItem

The price is great for what you pay for. But I'm not sure about the build quality.

What do you guys think? Too cheap?

i would agree with zrep and the others and you don't know how it's going to handle and being an 18' and fibreglass it might need a larger hp motor so there's around $15000 for say a 150hp installed.

and as it's bowrider style it may only have room for a couple of people to fish if you want it particularly for roomy fishing. it looks as though it may have a cabin area but not many passengers like to sit inside cabins travelling along or at rest on the water in the day time. they are ok for a couple spending nights on the water. if you want it for deep see there won't be much to go on and previous buyers might be elated but not really able to elaborate on what is required in a boat if used in choppy open sea conditions

if i was considering all this i would be looking at a well proven aussie made centre console or a short bowed open runabout and some of them are quite at home with 50 and 60hp which gives you less maintenance costs in the long term if anything goes wrong with the motor. you can also add a bimini with storm covers for weather protection and use a couple of sleeping bags for occasional nights when you want to sleep on the water

but it all depends on what your looking for in a boat before price style and finish on finish even comes into it

there is no reserve it seems except for the starting bid so the seller has had to import these boats pay customs and gst and quality of manufacture and inner strength seems to be an unknown factor with some no name imports.

jewgaffer

fish on :1fishing1:

Hi Locodave, we have seen a few of these boats and as far as I can work out they are made in China, which as mentioned nothing really wrong with that. My opinion is that the glass is quite thin on the ones I have seen and as such the price would have to reflect that. Also I think the cabin is too big and does not give you enough fishing room, but that is a persoanl choice when deciding on a boat.

I think if you were able to get it for around the $11K with a HIN on it and a warranty that means something than it is good buying if it suits your style of boating. To give you an idea a Coxcraft Reefrunner, which I persoanlly think is a much superior boat cost $17,500 incl GST, so at $11K the price is right, any higher and I do not think it would be worth it. A $2,500 trailer is also well priced if again it has a warranty, is braked and comes with a VIN plate which is certified with the RTA to allow you to register it. The boat would perform well with a 115HP on it and they range from around the $10K to $14K depending on brand and technology. So for around the $25K mark you could get yourself a 18 foot boat with 115HP on the back ready to go, which is a good price compared to what the more established brands cost. The only problem I see if the quality, the ride and resale, but if the seller is prepared to allow you to water test with another boat that he has sold and you like the ride, than go for it.

Cheers,

Huey.

mate, she's a great looking boat no doubt, but she's bare as a baby's bum!

by the time you fit your motor, sounders, rod holders, safety gear, bait board and everything else you need on there, you're paying over $30,000. ($11,00 boat, $2,500 trailer, $10,000-$12,000 motor etc etc...)

If you're gonna fork out that sort of money, why not go for a more reputable boat that's a couple of years old from a dealer like Huey. Somewhere you know you can go back to if something does go wrong. Somewhere you can test the boat out first.

Just my opinion, good luck with the boat hunting!

mate, she's a great looking boat no doubt, but she's bare as a baby's bum!

by the time you fit your motor, sounders, rod holders, safety gear, bait board and everything else you need on there, you're paying over $30,000. ($11,00 boat, $2,500 trailer, $10,000-$12,000 motor etc etc...)

If you're gonna fork out that sort of money, why not go for a more reputable boat that's a couple of years old from a dealer like Huey. Somewhere you know you can go back to if something does go wrong. Somewhere you can test the boat out first.

Just my opinion, good luck with the boat hunting!

its still cheap!