Yamaha 2hp Two Stroke

breambo

Hi Canoe, nothing much to sya about outboards this small. The Yamaha is no better or worse than any other brand. I think they only offer 2 year warranty while other brands offer 3 years and we have some good prices on 2.5HP Mercs at present, with 3 years warranty. PM me if you are interested.

With any brand of outboard this small you need to be on top of flushing the engine out after use in salt water because the water passages are so small it does not take much to block them and cause the engine to overheat.

Hope this helps,

Huey.

hi guys thinkin of puttin one on my canoe could u plz give me sum info on them the good and the bad

The hondas are aircooled so no water pump and associated problems with corrosion and I like em. Not sure about the Suzuki but little motors have big issues unless you can flush all the salt water out of the cooling galeries and in small motors they are very fine.

They are all a bit top heavy and hard to mount ( unless you have the square backed coleman style) but have seen photos of some lake guys with ones with cut off shafts thsyt look very compact. Battery and a electric probably weigh onlty a bit more and you could sneak around very quietly. Turning to start a petrol is a balance issue as well.

that's my 2 cents worth.