New Stella 2007 - Anyone Used One Yet?

drdonjuan9

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has used the new stella 2007?

If so, can you give us some feedback. The reel does not look as sexy as the Stella FB model but its supposed to be much better spool and drag technology....

Cheers guys,

Huey :biggrin2:

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has used the new stella 2007?

If so, can you give us some feedback. The reel does not look as sexy as the Stella FB model but its supposed to be much better spool and drag technology....

Cheers guys,

Huey :biggrin2:

Hey Huey

Keen to know myself... are thinking of indulging?

Cheers

C.

Yeah I've taken these from a Japanese site, it has a very unorthodox spool that supposedly gives a better cast and eliminates wind knots.

Also they have spools that are very shallow as opposed to the regular deep spool, for the beach maybe.

post-2529-1184980937_thumb.jpg

post-2529-1184980930_thumb.jpg

post-2529-1184980948_thumb.jpg

IFS

Try this link.

http://www.plat.co.jp/english/shimano/New_STELLA/Stella.htm

These are the new models available at the moment. There is also some revised 3000 series Stellas coming out in Japan in late September and Yumeha are manufacturing optional spools, drag knobs, handles etc for the new series. :biggrin2:

I would love to pick up a newie.. have to hide it from the :wife: though.

I'm interested to know too. I'm thinking of getting the 1000S to pair with a new bream rod. Apparently Shimano have done a bit of work with the new Stella to eliminate / reduce their problem with wind knots. (Daiwa reels apparently have less problems with this due to superior line lay.) So it's either the new Stella or the old Exist ...

I just had my 2007 2500 delivered. Spooled it up with 10lb Fireline. I must say, it is a very sexy little bitch. :thumbup:

The spool has the 45 degree lips both front and back. I will be interested to see if the cast is superior but, more importantly, whether it picks up the slack line well as this is the main cause of bunching through the guides. :(

If it is not up to scratch, I am going to Daiwa (reluctantly) :mad3:

Stay tuned for a detailed report on the performance after this weekends sessions.

Cheers

Ceph.

Any more expensive than the current stock in Australia?

I reckon that spool really does look like it'll do the job well but we'll all have to wait and see Ceph won't we.

IFS

Mate,

I paid $606 Aussies on Ebay from a Japanese Tackle Shop.

I saw an old 2500 (FA or FB) model in a local tackle shop for $799.

I have the special Yumeya spare spool coming in a couple of weeks.

I hope they have fixed the problem!! Will let you know IFsick.

Here is the spool I ordered.

Edited by Ceph

Mate,

I paid $606 Aussies on Ebay from a Japanese Tackle Shop.

I saw an old 2500 (FA or FB) model in a local tackle shop for $799.

I have the special Yumeya spare spool coming in a couple of weeks.

I hope they have fixed the problem!! Will let you know IFsick.

Here is the spool I ordered.

Ceph,

May I ask what you are planning to use your 2500 (which looks sensational, I must say) on? Casting at pelagics? What rod do you have on it? Also, which Jap shop did you buy it from? (PM me if you like).

cheers,

dave

Dave

I have it on an Ian Miller Bream Buster - 1-5kg flick stick. The reel is a bit heaby for this rod which is why I have a GLX Loomis blank in the cupboard ready to be rolled. I even have a set of Gold Cermet guides for it. :thumbup:

I plan to use the outfit as my general hack for estuary species as well as squid, Kings (for fun) and whatever else happens to take the bait. :biggrin2:

PM on its way..

Alright.. tested the new Stella on the weekend. Mine is a 2500 with 10lb Fireline.

Fish for 4-5 hours flicking plastices and squid jigs. Not one wind nkot, no spool loops, no wraps around the back of the spool.. absolutley perfect. I can highly recommend them for a tangle free experience. :thumbup:

I must say, it is a relief. That 1000 I had was terrible. I must have gone through $300 bucks worth of braid due to wind knots and birds nests.

Anyone else got one?

Edited by Ceph

Cheers for that mate. Sounds like a great little reel. Do you reckon you were casting further with it as well, due to the new spool lip?

Would love to hear a review of your 1000S too, as 10lb Fireline would probably tend not to wind knot as much as light braid/gelspun.

I am going to spool the 1000S with 4lb Fireline.

I also just received the two spare spools I ordered last week. How's this, the supplier sent them last Friday 27th July from Japan and they arrived in my in-tray an hour ago. Bloody good service IMO. :thumbup:

Anyway, I will post about the 1000S after I test it this weekend.