Another Rock Fish

coastspinna

hey raiders....

went down on the chase for drummer.. just missed high tide..

berleyed with bread hard and first cast bang undersized drummer.... the next 10 minutes were hectic with undersize drummer and a few big wipeouts, which didn't feel like drummer... we were fishing lightly weighted bread baits and gettin hit straight away by kelpies and undersized drummer....

all of a sudden bang i feel good weight and my rod loads up hard...... the fish pulled hard in the wash and i called it for a nice drummer....after a minute or so i washed what turned out to be a pb luderick for me on a bread bait in the wash..he went 38 cm to the tip

post-4939-1185097746_thumb.jpg

fished on but the action slowed for an hour.... then whack on again to another luderick this one fought in regular blackfish style after a few tense moments washed him up too....

post-4939-1185097771_thumb.jpg

he went 39 cm and was really fat.....

my mates ended up with a couple of drummer on size but nothin special...

all in all we had a good day but we missed the tide change.... i think from 2 hours before the high tide to 2 after is the prime time....ended up with lunch and dinner tomorrow so thats good...

post-4939-1185097700_thumb.jpg

has anyone else caught blackfish while chasin drummer on bread??

i've caught drummer on blackfish baits but never the other way round..

anyhow gl all :1fishing1:

top fishing mate

looks u got the right technique to catch those c/coast drummer and blackies

so u dont use any float at all? and looks like u fish from the beach and not a rock ledge?

funny that these drummer (on pics) look slightly different from the ones i catch here in sydney

looks like (i may be wrong) their heads bit more pointy

anyway, well done

cheers

bertrand

top fishing mate

looks u got the right technique to catch those c/coast drummer and blackies

so u dont use any float at all? and looks like u fish from the beach and not a rock ledge?

funny that these drummer (on pics) look slightly different from the ones i catch here in sydney

looks like (i may be wrong) their heads bit more pointy

anyway, well done

cheers

bertrand

i do use floats when fishing off snapper rocks or avoca, just not at the moment cause it has been rough and its a pain in the ass... we are fishing off a rock ledge that runs out from a beach about 40 metres but this is usually all underwater when we fish... tiny sinker and bread or cunji strips means you can float amongst this stuff all day with hardly any snags... its a nice little reef that i never would have thought to fish if i hadn't dived there a while back...

post-4939-1185143568_thumb.jpg

the drummer are walled up right against the rocks and the washy white area and we have found no need to cast more than 10 metres here... blackfish tend to roam around in schools at speed and they are happy in water as shallow as 30 cm.... with berley you can get em to roam by every now and again.

fish tide changes... we've been fishin in the day at the moment cause its cold but 2 hrs either side of hi tide is the go

soon we will break out the heavy gear and fish cunji or crabs under a medium size torpedo float

groper and drummer come right inshore this time of year especially after the surf....

gl all hopefully more to report :1fishing1: