Jigging Kings?

wildfish

planning my 1st jigging expedition this weekend! :1fishing1:

just like to know off the experts! or anyone! is it worthwhile haveing a jig only a few km's out at wrecks in 50-60m of water or are the kings further out? :biggrin2:

Edited by wildfish

planning my 1st jigging expedition this weekend! :1fishing1:

just like to know off the experts! or anyone! is it worthwhile haveing a jig only a few km's out at wrecks in 50-60m of water or are the kings further out? :biggrin2:

yep those marks we now share look the real agogo.

i'd like to bounce a 12 inch pakula squid look a like down around those wrecks and i'd even fill it uo with sydney "wreck oysters" coz you never know what's going to be lurking down there wildfish and that's for sure :thumbup:

cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hah, Everyone is being real helpfull aren't they!!!!

Well having never had a completely succesful jigging trip yet i cant offer much, But what i can say is that plenty of people get plenty of fish at the peak and 12mile jigging so its best to start with a known spot and work out some secret/favourite ones later when you know what to look for!!!

2nd tip that i can offer you is don't waste your time dropping your jiggs if there is nothing on the sounder.... All that is asking for is sore arms and a belief that this jigging thing is all a myth!!!!!

Im heading out tomorrow to try and break my jigging hoodo, i dont care if its only a rat king but so far all i have managed while jigging is leather jackets. To be fair i haven't given any great deal of time to jigging yet so my results are probably fair enough!!!!

Would love to hear some tips from seasoned jiggers!!!!!

Hey mate

Freshwater Wide a ground we jig on about 12 km north east of the heads, we'll be out there doing the same on Sunday.. I'll get the Gps markings for it off the Gps in the morning 4 ya... Lot of smaller kings there just legal to 70cm but we've been smoked a few times just jigging Raider chrome lures and only letting it down about 3 quarters of the way too the bottom

If your out on Sunday feel free to tag along mate

I'll have more info in the morning

Fisho5

ah! thanks a lot guys!

let us know how you go fishlexic!

guy from tackle shop said theres some being caught at peak and 12mile!

Went out to the peak today and thought great we are the only boat here...... but alas we did no good. We sounded around for about 20 minutes and didnt find any bait balls so decided to drop on a few rogue fish but all to no avail as time was limited by work today we only gave it a go for around 40 minutes....

Was going to go check out 12 mile but the weather was kinda crappy outside so we gave it a miss to come and play with some of the bonnies off middle head instead!!!!

Good luck for the weekend guys!!!!!!

We are giving jigging a miss to try chase some tuna!

:1fishing1: