Rod To Match 20000 Stella

Nolongeramember

OK, Ive recently purchased a 20000 Stella and am now searching for a matching rod.

Ill be using this outfit to bait for kings in the harbour and some light outside work on tuna etc.

I want a decent quality rod, 7 foot plus, preferably 2 piece and am willing to spend up to around $350

Im looking at the Shimano T-Curve Bluewater Spin 10-15 or 15-24kg. These rods are 7'6".

Does anyone rate these rods?

What do you guys recommend??

Spend a bit more and get a saltiga 80TN if you want an off the shelf rod.....can handle 6kg drag easy(and more), cast 30-100 gram lures/poppers with ease and its 2 piece. I had the 15-24kg t curve and sold it to get the daiwa and it was a lot better. Either way, you have a great reel so match it to something decent.

Spend a bit more and get a saltiga 80TN if you want an off the shelf rod.....can handle 6kg drag easy(and more), cast 30-100 gram lures/poppers with ease and its 2 piece. I had the 15-24kg t curve and sold it to get the daiwa and it was a lot better. Either way, you have a great reel so match it to something decent.

What didnt you like about the T-curve?

Roylo, i rate the 15-24kg Bluewater Spin so much that i went out and bought four of them. They are unbeatable rods for the money. These are my jew rods and the have served me well for a couple of years now. Took one up to Lizard Island and gave it a right flogging on some great fish.

You will not regret buying the 15-24kg Bluewater Spin and i'm sure you will get change from your $350.

Regards

Red

Have a look at the Rapala Braid Concepts rods.

Just bought one from Go Fish. I've been eyeing them for a while and took the plunge tonight. At less than $300 they are top rod.

They also look good too. I also looked at the Saltiga and the T-Curve but the Rapala felt the best.

For the money t curves are good value and have been used for good fish, but for the reel you are using you could do better . Comes down to how much you want to spend. I thought the t curve, even the 15-24 was a bit soft for me . I preferred the action of the 80TN and as its stiffer better for working surface lures. You can still use bait, but livebaiting with egg beaters isnt as easy as overheads. But casting sluggos, minnows, metals, poppers and working through the wash of headlands the daiwa is perfect. Dont know anything about those Rapala rods.

Another one is the SG Muramura 76...Line weight to PE: 5 (24kg) to PE: 8 (37kg) and 2 piece.

PS not pushing daiwa here as I have no brand loyalty, just what I have seen and used as comparison. They cost more than the T curve by a pretty penny $599, but hey, your reel aint cheap, and in my opinion better off spending on a rod to match than 6 months later, saying, jeez wish the rod had more guts to stop that king running into the reef.

Mate, the Rapala rods are great, BUT there isn't one that will comfortably match the Stella 20000. They are all too light, even the biggest 10 - 20 kg 7' 6" model.

I concur with caranx about the Daiwa Saltigas. A Stella deserves a great rod, and the Saltigas are the best off-the-shelf rods I've owned. The 80TN may be just a trifle light for the Stella 20000 but you could get away with it. I would say it is probably best with the Stella 8000. I don't own the Muramura but have had a play with it. It is very stiff in the tip, so not sure if it's what you're after for livebaiting kings. It will happily chuck a chair leg sized popper a mile, though! There are also a few Saltiga 8' to 8' 6" GT popping and tuna casting models you might want to check out. However, I'm always a bit concerned about any heavy rod over 8' (esp fast actioned rods) and how the leverage works against the angler, but if you're 6' 4" and weigh 100kg, then no problems!

Never owned the T-Curve Bluewaters so can't really comment, but for your price, they are probably the best rod out there. They don't feel as quite comfortable in the foregrip, though. And they don't look anywhere near as cool as the Saltigas! :1prop: