Aluminium Open Boat 4.2

arif

:unsure: Hi guys

I am looking at an aluminium open boat of about 4.2m for up to $7000 there are several available in the trading post and it looks like the new brooker 410 is also within budget. my questions? at this size and type of boat is there a significant difference between the brands? apart from the difference in length beam height etc?

would i be better off getting a 2 or 3 year old boat with a couple of extras like bimini etc from one of the more elite brands Stacer or Quintrex etc or get the brooker 410 brand new for the same price?

last question (and i know this sounds cheap but the the budget is really tight) would there be any reduction in cost if i were to look for boat motor trailer seperately?

Thanks guys

arif :unsure:

Edited by arif

people will tell you to go with the name.

but my advise is forget that, go with the boat that is right for you. get the one that best suits your fishing style and fits in your garage the best.

look at the setup, space, seats, transom, hull, and get the one you like best.

then set it up how you like it (overtime if money doesnt permit)

there may not be a reduction in cost by getting the trailer & motor,seperatly, but the dealer may not sell the motor you want, so you may have to anyway.

sydney boat show starts on the 02/08/07, you should check it out for ideas and boat show specials :thumbup: i think there will be lots of good deals this year

:unsure: Hi guys

I am looking at an aluminium open boat of about 4.2m for up to $7000 there are several available in the trading post and it looks like the new brooker 410 is also within budget. my questions? at this size and type of boat is there a significant difference between the brands? apart from the difference in length beam height etc?

would i be better off getting a 2 or 3 year old boat with a couple of extras like bimini etc from one of the more elite brands Stacer or Quintrex etc or get the brooker 410 brand new for the same price?

last question (and i know this sounds cheap but the the budget is really tight) would there be any reduction in cost if i were to look for boat motor trailer seperately?

Thanks guys

arif :unsure:

Hi arif

I was a little disappointed in the finish/quality of the brookers i looked at recently. I think if you can and you plan on keeping the boat longterm/resale a Stacer would be the go! Go and talk to Craig at Huett Marine he is a stacer dealer and site sponser.

Good luck.

Jim

people will tell you to go with the name.

but my advise is forget that, go with the boat that is right for you. get the one that best suits your fishing style and fits in your garage the best.

look at the setup, space, seats, transom, hull, and get the one you like best.

then set it up how you like it (overtime if money doesnt permit)

there may not be a reduction in cost by getting the trailer & motor,seperatly, but the dealer may not sell the motor you want, so you may have to anyway.

sydney boat show starts on the 02/08/07, you should check it out for ideas and boat show specials :thumbup: i think there will be lots of good deals this year

Thanks Caine

I am thinking the bow sprit, anchor well and rails on the brooker make it more attractive than the other brands which i cannot afford with these inclusions, in relation to engines, the brooker dealers i have seen are either mercury or yamaha dealers, and though i think i would prefer an etec i think it would increase the cost above my budget.

Hi arif

I was a little disappointed in the finish/quality of the brookers i looked at recently. I think if you can and you plan on keeping the boat longterm/resale a Stacer would be the go! Go and talk to Craig at Huett Marine he is a stacer dealer and site sponser.

Good luck.

Jim

Thanks Jim

by finish/quality do you mean the welding etc, i have noticed this too but because of the limitations of my budget can only afford a second stacer, which are hard to find and do not have the anchor well and the rails which i really want. I know the brooker is going to be a compromise particularly in terms of resale (i think) but it seems to be only one available within budget

I have a brooker 410 safari, and for my 1st boat couldnt be happier.

The welds seem fine to me, although i am no expert. It is painted and easy as buggery to keep clean.

Im sure huey will be able to help out here :thumbup:

Thanks Caine

I am thinking the bow sprit, anchor well and rails on the brooker make it more attractive than the other brands which i cannot afford with these inclusions, in relation to engines, the brooker dealers i have seen are either mercury or yamaha dealers, and though i think i would prefer an etec i think it would increase the cost above my budget.

Thanks Jim

by finish/quality do you mean the welding etc, i have noticed this too but because of the limitations of my budget can only afford a second stacer, which are hard to find and do not have the anchor well and the rails which i really want. I know the brooker is going to be a compromise particularly in terms of resale (i think) but it seems to be only one available within budget

Yeah mainly welding, Iam talking runabouts as well. Two boats i looked at new, had cracks near the battery tray and the welding on the bow bollard was terriable. There is less akward welds on a open boat so perhaps they will be okay. You should definetly talk to Huey though, he sells other outboards besides eTecs.

Yeah mainly welding, Iam talking runabouts as well. Two boats i looked at new, had cracks near the battery tray and the welding on the bow bollard was terriable. There is less akward welds on a open boat so perhaps they will be okay. You should definetly talk to Huey though, he sells other outboards besides eTecs.

Thanks Jim

you may have seen another post about snyper on barter card, i think i am going to go with snyper just for the barter dollars rather than real dollars reason and was planning to get the outboard from Huey

I'd go for the new option.

It's a nice feeling knowing you have a new boat (to customise with time) but more so to know you have a reliable new outboard you know the history of.

I've got a 4.2 open boat. There a bit rough but a brilliant alrounder and great value.

Hi Arif, the Brooker range of boats allows you to get a new boat for the price of a second hand boat and there is nothing really wrong with them, I believe they just do not have the finish and reputation of some other brands. The Snyper range of boats I have not had much experience of them but I would be saying they are on par with Brooker.

For what it is worth I have a 429 Seahorse here with extruded side decks and thwart seat cushion for a little more than your budget. If you can stretch your finances we might be able to help you out with a new Stacer.

Please PM me if you want more details,

Cheers,

Huey.

boys most of the rental tinnies in nsw are made by brooker they are pretty tough little boats and very well priced i use to own one till last year only sold it cause the family got bigger pretty stable too for a 410 boat my mate use to take his offshore and never had a problem :1fishing1: