Cooks River

dangles

Mate theres some thumper bream in there and plenty of school jewfish but it is not safe to eat from those waters. I thought i once read that the Cooks is regarded the most polluted river in NSW, but dont take my word for it because i can't remember where that info was sourced from.

DAN

Mate theres some thumper bream in there and plenty of school jewfish but it is not safe to eat from those waters. I thought i once read that the Cooks is regarded the most polluted river in NSW, but dont take my word for it because i can't remember where that info was sourced from.

DAN

I read ages ago that there wasnt a great concern with the river itself as the majority of polluting industries had gone. The problem was the sediment left over.

Apparantely this isnt a problem for Botany Bay as very little of it flows out there but the local fish population live on all sorts of things that have been tainted. i.e. crabs that live in the sediment, smaller fish that eat weed etc

Whatever it was that I was reading it said there was no cure for the river bar damming it and working their way from section to section excavating the floor of the river.

So no dont eat the fish caught up there even if they look healthy.

Dave

Been trying a few jew session down the cooks of a night, nothing big.

Lizards are still about and good sized taylor, as for the bream out of the cooks i give them to the mother in-law :yahoo: .