Broken Bay 26/07/07

Wastin Time

Hi all,

I will put something up, as some of you know my fishing has been very very limited lately.

As planned we were at parsley bay by 630 to find no-one on the ramp (gotta love mid week fishing), so we headed out & as we turned around Juno we find NO SWELL :yahoo:, so off we go in search of something (i dont have GPS).

We got to about 40M-42M of water my mate gets his line in and the bloody :mad3: wind springs up, DAMN YOU SEABREEZE DAMN YOU, as i constantly watch the water & the wind my mate yells out I'm on, so I think well we will sit here for abit. I get my line in the water & all of a sudden i feel wait on my rod but no movement, I'm sceptical, but as i wind up i start to feel something - up comes a just undersized snapper!!!! I was stoked - this is gonna be a good day. My mate had pulled up a 15cmish flatty so we knew we were in the "right" spot. Unfortunately the wind made it very choppy so I erred on the safer side of caution & decided to head back to Lion Island where we stuffed around for NOTHING :thumbdown:.

We then tried the hungry beach area, then around the corner from Juno - looking for some flatties or anything, my mate picks up a 33cm flattie. Then a drift around Dangar but nothing.

Time to call it a day - no fish but still a good day, we couldnt believe how quick the wind picked up though!

BTW, all fish were released.

I had trouble determining what sort of flatty it was (the one we caught near Juno), it was very dark in colour, can someone shed some light?

Guest MRS WATTO

Roy

Great report mate, ohh well you shouldnt take days off during the week to go fishing :074::074:

Next time make sure you take Team Watto out fishing and we will show you where the fish are :biggrin2: