21.8 Kilo Giant Trevally Rod/reel/line/leader/lure

jewgaffer

JAY COTTRELL, JAKJAYNO1 CAPTURED JULY 07 IN THE TWEED RIVERpost-829-1185551375_thumb.jpgDETAILS OF THE GEAR & TACKLE USED BY JAY COTTRELL TO CATCH THE 21.8 KILO GIANT TREVALLY

i have started a new topic based on a previous question asked by flattieman for the benefit of others and i have done so in order to emphasize the importance of using the appropriate gear and tackle as was used by jay and quite rightly so in targetting this species of predator fish in environments where bigger specimens are likely to be present.

i have included some additional information for younger members and others in order for them to better understand that there is a big difference in simply being a fisherman and being a devoted angler.

i respect jay for his perseverence and determination in mastering the sport of fishing in the way he has and i thank jay for the great fun we we've had fishing the richmond at ballina.

i'll never forget the young lady tourists who leaned out of the windows at a holiday resort and all the cameras taking photos of jay's jewfish when jimmy bowers, myself and fish kill phil scott were right behind him each sporting similiar sized fish.

it was jay's natural expression when he saw the cameras that won the hearts of the girls and the applause of the tourists

when he caught this giant trevally jay went out to target trevally on that day in particular on hard body lures and knew precisely when and where he would catch them.

as you would be well aware, the timing has to be near perfect to target individual fish species on artificial baits such as lures

simply put, the conditions have to be properly assessed. there was not an over abundance of fish these and this particular species has to be on the boil to take lures.

try as much as you like on hardbodies or plastics and you won't get results unless you know firstly the actual conditions and secondly the likely feeding habits of the particular species you are targetting on the day

there are certain things i can't post in open forum so i'll just say this for now :-

capturing this giant trevally may well lead to........ so good luck with that too jay

HERE ARE THE FULL DETAILS OF THE GEAR JAY USED.

REEL shimano calcutta 700 overhead

ROD 12 kilo shakspr custom built double handed ugly stik u.s.a. blank tr range tiger

LINE 50lb sufix braid

LEADER 40lb seguar fluro carbon 1 1/2 metre wind on leader

LURE KNOT surgeons loop

LURE gold bomber long A

LOCATION the fish was caught in the tweed river, preserved and mounted by jay's taxidermist

regards everyone and thanks jay

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

GOLD BOMBER LONG Apost-829-1185581005_thumb.jpg

Edited by jewgaffer