Hapless Flatty

Hodgey

G'day all

Just a quick report for Sunday. Went down to the local estuary to toss some lures around in pursuit of Flathead. Manages to snag a couple of small flatties and a very small bream until I managed to cast into a likely looking snag and *snap* fluro leader is gone. :mad3: Wander back to the car and realise I have left my spare spool of Vanish at home on the freezer!! :mad3::mad3: I have nothing to use for a leader!

Now things were pretty hectec when I left home that arvo. The kids were in fine form and the 'handbrake' was washin 'n' ironin so... I drove to the nearest boat ramp and scavenged through the grass. Bingo! A small birdsnest of somewhat dubious mono. :1prop:

Beggars can't be choosers, so I cut off a length that looks in reasonable shape, and proceed to resume fishing. 5 minutes later (as a boat is bearing down upon my little ramp), a 42cm flathead is wriggling on the sand at my feet. My leader broke as I grasped the fish, and I took this as a sign to cut my losses and head home. Somedays everything just goes your way, huh :biggrin2:

Hey ( Weapon X ) Hodgey,

Don't we live in a sad world when you know that there WILL be

somebodys discarded rubish left around at the boat ramp. :thumbdown:

Good job of recycling though.

See it does pay to do your bit for the environment.

Cheers

Bigfoot.

Edited by Bigfoot