Georges River - 30/07/07 Bream & Trevaly Whoppers

majed1965

Hi All,

Had a wonderful day today on the Georges River with a couple of personal records broken.

I went out with my good work mate Christos and enjoyed a really good day out in the water.

Started off around 8:30am this morning with minimal bites until around 11am when we started to get some really good constant bites at SPOT X. We had 2 rods each in the water and were kept very busy.

I got this huge hit on a twenty dollar rod and reel with a 4kg line. I could barely reel it in. I yelled out to Christos that this was a huge fish and get the net. We started to see colour and boy did it look great. Hauled it in. A whopping 44cm beautiful silver bream which weighed approx. 2 kg. What a beauty and the biggest bream i ever caught. You should have seen the beaming smile on my face all day. A delight to catch.

Not long after i got hit again and started to reel it in, but the line snapped. Oh damn.

Christos got a big bite and boy it was fighting hard. He gradually reeled it in and i got the net. A whopping 36cm Trevaly. This was also a record for Christos for this type of fish. Well doen mate. What a great day.

While i was on the phone, i got another hit and reeled it in. A nice 31cm bream. What a beauty, what a day.

There was also lots of Tarwhine to be caught and some whiting.

All up we came home with 4 whopping breams and a beauty of a trevaly, 4 whiting, some 25cm breams and numerous tarwhine. Enjoyed a niice packed lunch and drinks prepared by my beautiful wife.

p.s.. There were 2 other boats around us that didn't seem to catch anything. We were catching heaps due to our bread burleying.

All in all, what can i say, a wonderful day out fishing in glorious sunshine.

Thanks. Majed.