The Novice

G'Day Everyone,

I'm a new member, a former rock hopper who recently purchased a boat (Polycraft 455, 50 Yamaha). I've done all my fishing in Botany bay with a reasonable amount of success. I'm was thinking about putting in at Rose Bay and going across to Middle Harbour, any suggestions??

Edited by rzep

:1welcomeani: to Fishraider The Novice,

I have never used Rose Bay ramp so I can't help you there mate but I am sure that someone will be able to help you.

It all depends what type of fish you are after.

Middle Harbour has some deep water and has numerous wrecks which are home to resident king fish, there is also very good fishing in the shallows up around the boat moorings for bream, flatties and whitting etc.

It shouldn't be all that long until the big schools of salmon come into Middle Harbour/Hunters Bay if thay have not already arrived.

Try using the search function at the top of the page and hopefully you can find what you are after.

Looking forward to reading your reports.

G'Day Everyone,

I'm a new member, a former rock hopper who recently purchased a boat (Polycraft 455, 50 Yamaha). I've done all my fishing in Botany bay with a reasonable amount of success. I'm was thinking about putting in at Rose Bay and going across to Middle Harbour, any suggestions??

Hi Buddy and welcome, not sure where your traveling from but Tunks Park at NorthBridge has a great ramp that is in Middle Harbour, and you wont have to worry about crossing harbour. Forget the name of road that leads you down there but look up UBD , access off Miller Street Northbridge. Cheers Dave

G'Day Everyone,

i agree with off tap the tunks park ramp is a much better ramp to launch from if you want to fish middle harbour.

i come from campbelltown and i still find it just as quick to go to tunks park than rose bay and its only a few mins from the ramp to to spit bridge.

and if the weather turns it will save you crossing the harbour.

cheers

bob

Edited by aussie big bob

Thanks Guys,

I live in Harrington Park (Near Narellan & Camden) not far from Campbelltown. Looking forward to venturing out there for the first time, I would really appreciate some advise on the better spots - I dont have a GPS, which annoys the crap out of me.

Hi mate,

I also agree on the tunks park comments, plenty of nice smooth water before you get to the heads to get your confidence up in the new boat.

As for fishing spots, there are heaps, let us know what you are targeting and I am sure there will be plenty of replies..

Cheers.

Robbie.

G'day Novice ,

Of course there is always the other side of the harbour , #1 Son and I have done well at Elizabeth Bay , Rose Bay and Rushcutters bay.

If you are inclined to flick a few plastics around , there are only 2 words you need to know : MOORED BOATS!

Flattys are basically lazy ( so Im told ) , and wait on the bottom for the food to come to them. Pick the grungiest , most barnacle encrusted boat you can find , and toss your line under it.

Good luck!!

Ross

Hi mate,

Sorry, I can not help with the flatties.

You will get Salmon in MH just keep and eye out for the feeding birds and fish boils on the water. They are pretty easy to spot, hang around the edge and chuck small metal slices into the thick of things and you should come up trumps..

Check out the search function at the top of the page and you will get heaps of info on tackle and tactics...

As for the electics, you can get by with out one, just get to know your boat and remember to take every thing slowly.

Cheers.

Robbie.

G'Day Everyone,

Hi the novice.

sydney harbour would not be a bad idea for the next week or so as i see it with this change of weather which now seems to be moving well away from the underlying bad stuff we've had.

the castles round castecrag may have you hang on to your hat if you set yourself up right for school jewies at night.

tell you what give humesy a pm, he's a pretty good bloke and had some nice results there himself a little while back and we had a good talk about the the harbour winter jewie situation during a session on the hawkesbury.

humesy may well place a few jewies right under his own boat for you :thumbup:

hope this helps

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks Jewgaffer,

Being new to the site I have no idea what a PM is "Personal Message"????. Any raiders that can proffer some advise re spots, times, tides etc would be greatly appreciated - Great site - Im addicted.

Thanks Jewgaffer,

Being new to the site I have no idea what a PM is "Personal Message"????. Any raiders that can proffer some advise re spots, times, tides etc would be greatly appreciated, I'm planning to go out this Sat.

Great site - Im addicted.