Ally Boat Options With Short Shaft Engine

MrGenius

I have a spare 30hp motor and am looking for an aluminium tinny to suit the motor, only problem being that the motor is a short shaft so the options are somewhat limited.

Im after something around 3.8-4.2m so any suggestions of what is around is much appreciated.

Not worried about what brand it is or anything like that as long as it can do the job.

Hi MrGenius, are you looking for new or second hand? If you are looking at new than Stacer, which is the brand we sell and stock, have S/S boats in the 395 Seasprite or the 399 Proline range that are suitable for 30HP outboards. PM me if you would like prices.

At present I do not have anything second hand that would suit.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Mate, no both the 395 Seasprite and 399 Proline are able to be ordered as either Long shaft or Short shaft. The Proline is a better value boat due to be cheaper and coming STD with bow and side rails. We sell alot more Prolines than Sea-Sprites and they give a better, more stable fishing platform, which will not ride as well as the Sea-Sprite, but the difference is minimal and in truth a 3.90-4.0M should not really go in rough water anyway.

If you are wanting new prices of boat with or without trailers contact me,

Cheers,

Huey.

I have a spare 30hp motor and am looking for an aluminium tinny to suit the motor, only problem being that the motor is a short shaft so the options are somewhat limited.

Im after something around 3.8-4.2m so any suggestions of what is around is much appreciated.

Not worried about what brand it is or anything like that as long as it can do the job.

Depends what year and model the motor is but you can get extensions housings for some. Wreckers may be an oiption just get the complete lower unit off a long or extra long and then you won't limit your boat choice and can get one to suit.

Pel