Looking For A Rod

richard_pdc

mate check out this link to fish finder tonys rod works on this site, they make great rods and i am sure you could get them to build you a custom out fit for attacking those summer kings

Fish raider - Fishfinder Rod Works

if the link does not work just go to ( A word from our sponsors) in the main page and then scroll down to (fishfinder rod works)

good luck mate

Edited by Mark's

hi guys

Looking for a rod to suit my 6500 baitrunner ,keen on chaseing summer kings and winter jews just wondering what rod i should get and what weight class . my budget is around the 400 hundred mark . any suggestion? :1fishing1:

Nitro Godzilla

TCurve Bluewater 10 - 15 kg

G.Loomis PBR844S (or was it 845? i forget)

Daiwa Saltiga is a bit above your budget, but do a few great rods that would suit

hi guys

Looking for a rod to suit my 6500 baitrunner ,keen on chaseing summer kings and winter jews just wondering what rod i should get and what weight class . my budget is around the 400 hundred mark . any suggestion? :1fishing1:

i fyou havnt got the money for custom, go 10-15 kg crystal blue... pulls em up no problem.

Hi Richard

What sort of fishing are you into? Land or boat - rocks or estuary?

Check out this rod in Swap & Sell - it is a beauty!!! It'd be a good one to have for beach & rock - cast a country mile!! SHould suit your big Baitrunner.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=23556

Give Nexus a yahoo & chat about it!

Cheers

Roberta

hi guys

Hi I've got a suggestion you could bring in an Ugly stik 7' 2piece (Yellow) tiger rod from the States. they're 10-50lbs U.S. model number BWS 2201-2 not available in Australia.

They are extra fast action , terrific sensitivity and strength in the 10lb tip section of the rating and the best backbone around in the 50lb butt section of the rating. they are still sporty on bream but go up a gear and simply toy with big jew and kings and would be a perfect match for the excellent shimano 6500 baitrunner

I have 10 of them with my jew gear, got one for jakjayno1 who caught the 21.8 kilo giant trevally in the tweed and one for jim bowers of ballina, himself a master rod builder and jay's mentor and also one for jim's apprentice in fishing the young gun Phil "fish kill" Scott also of Ballina.

they have had every big name rod you can think of and it's refreshing to see them armed with an ugly stik tiger when their doing their own thing chasing the jew , cobia and gt trevally

ugly stik tiger rods have been described by Jim Bowers as the best spinning rod in the world regardless of price.

they retail over there for only $90 u.s. at places like Cabellas and Bass's stores and U.S.P.S airfreight to your door would be about $35 u.s. so the whole excersize would cost about $150.00 aud.

none of mine are for sale but you can feel free to pm me on how to go about bringing one or more in from the States ,providing it strikes your fancy.

hope this helps still I like to see people weigh up suggestions and make up their own minds

cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi Mate,

the perfect rod for you application would be a Silstar Crystal Blue 701SWH, its a E-Glass/Graphite composite rated at 10-15kg. they are made from quality Fuji componetes and will not fail you, they are exceptionally tough rods built on the howell (ugly stik) design. You will be able to run some serious line over it in the range of 30-50 pound braid or mono and not have to worry about breaking them, i have seen some horrific things done to them.

Tony @ Fishfinder Bait and tackle has them on the rack in his shop, you should expect to lay out around $180 or so...

crystal%20blue%20power%20tip.jpg

The next step up spend in money, i would recommend the Shimano t curve King-mack spin rod, full graphite 7 foot long and rated at 8-12 kg. Better components, more feel. expect to pay around $300.

If you want something longer and heavier, the Tcurve blue water spin models come in at 7'6" and in weights of 10-15 and 15-24 kg's. Expect to pay a touch over $300. The only thing is that with the t curve rods you need to be mindfull of just how brutal you are on them as abuse (fully locked drag, dead lifting big fish, stepping on the rod) can result in the blank expolding.

And if cost is no issue ($400-$450), then speak to Tony about having something made up custom, i would probably recomend either a samurai NV9 (15-24kg) or a Pacific composites Pro-Graph 10 which is slightly lighter in the 8-15kg range. they can be made up in any length between 8 foot and 6'6 using hand selected components that will suit your budget.

Edited by Sammy0884