B'head 5/12

Clarkie

After both my planned trips on the water for Sunday fell through on Sat night I decided just to go down to B'head and fish from the bank. Got down there just before daybreak, and after a bit of a trek, got to the section I'd been wanting to try out for a while. A nice large section of sand flats that I thought would be teaming with Flatties. Thanks to the weatherman I'd overdressed for the occasion and it was starting to get a bit steamy.

After 2 hours of flicking all sections of the flats with a few different plastics I finally came to the conclusion that maybe there weren't any there. No probs, plenty of other spots around, so trecked back to a couple of other spots to give the bait a crack as well. Only a couple of little snappers and 1 small bream. Did manage to hook a nice flattie, but dropped him just as I got him to the edge.

Before I left, thought I'd give one last tidal flat a try with the plastics. Almost down to dead low at this point, so not the best time, but worth a try anyway I thought. Nothing to show for it though. Got one hit, but nothing else for the morning.

Not a great result, but better than mowing lawns.

Steve.

Hi Clarkie,

Mate ive found that apple tree bay fishes better than bobin head and its just around the corner.

Have you had a flick around there?

One track around from the ramp which has always produced :thumbup: .

Hope this helps.

(Matrix @ Dec 8 2004, 03:38 PM)

There's also another B'head that I know of, BIRKENhead 

Matt

PS so does anyone know any other head? (excluding D head    )

Barrenjoey head, Box head, Bradley's head.... Need I continue

Yea, yea yea. OK next time I'll write it out properly :1prop:

Hi Clarkie,

Mate ive found that apple tree bay fishes better than bobin head and its just around the corner.

Have you had a flick around there?

One track around from the ramp which has always produced  .

Hope this helps.

Thanks Snag. I was actually mainly in Appletree. Walked right along the track, and back (have to take less gear next time :1tongue: ) Then finished up the back of Bobbin. I've also found that it fishes much more consistantly than Bobbin itself, and has a lot more options for a land lubber like me. :biggrin2:

Usually a pretty quiet place as well, but this time there must have been at least 6 groups of families with young kids on the track. The sun must have brought everyone out.

Steve.