Beer Batter.

costello

Hi Raiders.

Love this thread. A blond question from a bit of a beginner in cooking his own catch. Could someone please tell me how to beer batter my catch. It doesn't sound like it would be all that difficult, but for me.....

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Thanks guy's. I'll try that Dan. Blonde just happens to be my weapon of choice as i'm starting to lose sight of my feet. Not a bad drop. What kind of percentage ratio of each ingredient?

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by costa

Thanks guy's. I'll try that Dan. Blonde just happens to be my weapon of choice as i'm starting to lose sight of my feet. Not a bad drop. What kind of percentage ratio of each ingredient?

Cheers,

Mark

Yeah im on the Pure Blondes band wagon as well.

Like all my cooking i dont measure i just poor it in till it looks the goods. Just poor in your beer and a bit of water until you get a nice smooth batter. You can always add more flour water or beer if it gets to runny or thick.

Cheers

Dan

Yeah im on the Pure Blondes band wagon as well.

Like all my cooking i dont measure i just poor it in till it looks the goods. Just poor in your beer and a bit of water until you get a nice smooth batter. You can always add more flour water or beer if it gets to runny or thick.

Spot on.

The one thing I found that helps is to cover your fillet with flour before dipping it in the batter. Helps it to stick.

Dave