Georges River 19/8

vipernut

Had hopes of hitting botany bay early sunday morning, but woke to find :1badmood: weather had turned to crap. Rang the father in law, and he wasnt to keen to go at all,but with the boat already hooked up and gear ready to go i managed to convince him.

We hit the water at around 7,and headed down river.Decided to stop near lugarno,where the previous sunday we had managed a couple of nice fat bream.Dropped the anchor and started a lite berley trail.Not alot of action a few small bream, a small flatty and 1 alright tailor of 40cm(caught on crappy frozen prawn).

We managed to stay fairly pretty much dry under the canopy and it was good to test the boat in less than ideal conditions,as this was only the 3rd time i have had the boat on the water and used it to see what it was like to navigate under these conditions.I dont plan on heading out straight into this kind of weather on a regular basis,but atleast i know what to expect if i get caught in similar conditions.

About 1030 the wind started to pick up a little bit so we decided to call it quits.

Stephen.

:1fishing1:

post-396-1187573333_thumb.jpg

post-396-1187573359_thumb.jpg

hey steve h! just a bit off topic, every time i see ur name it reminds me of a guy i used to be friends with and i think oh no but thankfully its not you. thou i do wonder how long you have been playing soccer in c/town for as we are the same age and ive played soccer here since u/6!

what do you mean poor conditions?? those photos look pretty flat. nice tailor

That was a quick break in the weather.The water was pretty flat but the rain was annoying.

hey steve h! just a bit off topic, every time i see ur name it reminds me of a guy i used to be friends with and i think oh no but thankfully its not you. thou i do wonder how long you have been playing soccer in c/town for as we are the same age and ive played soccer here since u/6!

Im 34 been in the area my whole life. Im involved with a local club as registrar.I have a boy who plays(playing up a year in u11s)and my :wife: plays aswell in an all age ladies team.I havnt played for years.